If you could unwatch one TV series

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 01 Jun 2018

Inspired by the other thread, if you could unwatch one series in order to watch it again, what would it be?

For me, without doubt, The Killing (the Danish one), series 1.  Absolutely brilliant  

Tom Valentine 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

The Leftovers.

Mike-W-99 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Has to be series 2 of blackadder. Absolute classic.

Anti-faff 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Flowers starring Julian Barrat and Olivia Coleman. It had me crying one minute and howling with laughter the next, just wonderful.

I'd also quite like to un-watch every episode of Breaking Bad but for quite different reasons. 

mountainbagger 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Game of Thrones... I absolutely love it!

If I could unwatch something and NOT watch it again it would be Lost.

In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Edge of Darkness.  Terrific script, terrific actors acting terrifically, terrific music.  Top notch drama.

T.

wintertree 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Can I just un watch Red Dwarf 7 and beyond?  No need to rewatch them.

I’d quite like to watch the BBC America Dirk Gently from fresh.  Not because it’s one of the greatest things going but because I think it only really works so well the first time.  Much like the largely unrelated (except in spirit) books.

Absolute gem from scratch - Rick and Morty, but cut down to the about one third of the episodes - the really good ones not the crap filler.

planetmarshall 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Bojack Horseman. Again, and again and again and again.

The last episode of season 3 has me in tears every time.

Removed User 01 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Father Ted, Spaced, The Wire

Glyno 02 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

The Office

In reply to Removed Userena sharples:

> Father Ted, Spaced, The Wire

All great series but I disagree with the Wire in this context.  I loved it first time around but when I rewatched it (I was spending a spell living with my parents and wanted them to experience it), I appreciated it even more.  Fore-knowledge of the plots made me appreciate even more how all the strands fit together "all the pieces matter").  I had watched it closely initially but still missed lots of foreshadowing and parallels (not for nothing was David Simon's credo "F#*k the casual viewer").

Removed User 02 Jun 2018
In reply to thebigfriendlymoose:

yes, it was so layered and dense it definitely rewards repeat viewing-I would just like to recapture that sense on first watching "Is this really this good? Yes!"

toad 02 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

The Nightmare Man. BBC horror drama. Wonderful zero budget drama but a brilliant idea. If i could see it without the game of thrones effects expectations i would be as scared as i was when i first saw it in 197?

aln 02 Jun 2018
In reply to Glyno:

> The Office

I thought I was the only one who didn't like The Office! 

ThunderCat 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Anti-faff:

> Flowers starring Julian Barrat and Olivia Coleman. It had me crying one minute and howling with laughter the next, just wonderful.

I've seen the trailer for the next season of Flowers and I've not yet seen the first...I'm intrigued.  I might give it a whirl.

ThunderCat 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Ricky and Morty.  Which I only watched on the recommendation of someone on here (was it you)?

Cannot express how much I love it.

graeme jackson 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Black Books.

Toccata 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

This year’s Giro highlights.

BnB 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Inspired by the other thread, if you could unwatch one series in order to watch it again, what would it be?

> For me, without doubt, The Killing (the Danish one), series 1.  Absolutely brilliant  

We did watch it all over again, this time with our children who were viewing for the first time. Still superb.

Favourite show ever though is the Wire.

C4T 03 Jun 2018

Breaking Bad

Fredt 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, but you’d have to un-read the book too. 

Theres another thread there...

spidermonkey09 03 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

True Detective, Series 1. And the wire, obviously. 

Root1 04 Jun 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

800 Words is brilliant.

This has been on daytime tv on BBC1. Its about a guy and his teenage kids who move from Sydney to New Zealand after his wife dies. He writes a column for a newspaper thats always 100 words. I have yet to meet someone else who has seen it as its daytime tv. ( god knows why as its brilliant.)  New series is due.

Shakespeare and Hathaway is another good daytime programme. 

And no I dont sit in watching day tv. The missus found fhem and we record them for later. 

MonkeyPuzzle 04 Jun 2018
In reply to Fredt:

Exactly what I was going to write. It's brilliant. Just brilliant. Requires a bit of brainpower from the viewer to keep up with who's doing what to who and to what end, just like the book.

The Wire would be a close second.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...