Hippity Hop

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Indie and Dance gets you a long way then you must reject everything and this is what Hippity Hop is for 👊

MonkeyPuzzle 01 May 2021
In reply to Phantom Disliker:

Bit early to be on the eckies innit?

Blap blap!

Puzzling array of downvotes considering I was extolling the virtues of a musical genre.

Anyway, being no expert in Hippity Hop; beyond liking some Prof. Green and Stormzy; perhaps a more learned person will be along to suggest other artists 👍

lorentz 02 May 2021

A "Hap Hip" classic - Nas: New York State of Mind 

youtube.com/watch?v=hI8A14Qcv68&

(NSFW... Caution contains profanity & offensive language)

Blue Straggler 02 May 2021

if you like Professor Green then maybe Buck 65 and Princess Superstar can be thrown into that sub genre of comfortable white middle class hip hop  😃 I am a fan of all three 

Blue Straggler 02 May 2021

> Puzzling array of downvotes

This is UKC , they like proper (white male) bands with proper instruments (guitar, bass and drums) and proper singing 😜

In reply to Blue Straggler:

Either that or perhaps I'm guilty of cultural appropriation? You can't help what you like though! 100 Miles And Runnin' now playing

ThunderCat 02 May 2021

I'm more "chip shop" than "hip-hop" so I'm not an expert (more of a rock / grunge type) but I remember hearing this when I was very young and remember thinking it was amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=wBG8tS0slsU&

"television, the drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation..."

broken spectre 02 May 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

Awesome!

'Tis I - 'Phantom Disliker' under my latest nom de plume; using an account that has been dormant for many a year.

Thank Christ no-ones mentioned Vanilla Ice yet

Cheers
C-R

ThunderCat 02 May 2021
In reply to broken spectre:

> Awesome!

> 'Tis I - 'Phantom Disliker' under my latest nom de plume; using an account that has been dormant for many a year.

> Thank Christ no-ones mentioned Vanilla Ice yet

> Cheers

> C-R

Mate, I would never light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle...

broken spectre 02 May 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

😆😆😆

Lankyman 03 May 2021

> This is UKC , they like proper (white male) bands with proper instruments (guitar, bass and drums) and proper singing 😜

You mean like Jimmy Hendrix? Yes, absolute legend.

Blue Straggler 03 May 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> You mean like Jimmy Hendrix? Yes, absolute legend.

Is that a Jimi Hendrix tribute band? 

Lankyman 03 May 2021

> Is that a Jimi Hendrix tribute band? 

The one and only James Marshall

Blue Straggler 03 May 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> The one and only James Marshall

Off Twin Peaks?! Guitar skills. 

youtube.com/watch?v=CNBYrMZeWZM&

48 hours of Hippity Hop is enough. Feeling nauseous now like I've backed into a musical dead end. Marshall Bruce Mathers III is a spoiled egotistical little disrespectful chavvie git and I don't care if he sticks a pop (or is it pops a stick?) in my ass for saying as much. What a load of rubbish ☹

BrendanO 03 May 2021
In reply to ThunderCat:

> I'm more "chip shop" than "hip-hop" so...

In that case, I need no more excuse to listen again to the wonderful Tickle and his Edinburgh-based “Chip Shop”

youtube.com/watch?v=YQ0gz_BC3bA&

(because this IS UKC, I will point out that its a spoof of Dead Prez Hip Hop. But it stands, wheezing for breath, on its own feet)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...