Halleluah Chorus

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tringa 20 Dec 2021

Apart from excellent music there is a fun interpretation.

youtube.com/watch?v=pRhjWdr-LAA&

Dave

In reply to Tringa:

Wonderful fun.

BTW, there was a truly fantastic performance of the Messiah given by the London Tenebrae Choir and the Academy of Ancient Music at the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg at couple of nights ago. You think you know a piece of music very well, and then you hear something like this. Hard to imagine it being done better. In particular, the quality of the music recording is outstanding, perhaps the best I've ever heard. Stick your headphones on and listen to this! youtube.com/watch?v=8wTAhhGlDYw&

veteye 21 Dec 2021
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

Thank You Gordon.

I am listening to Piazola (2 zeds?) The four seasons mixed in with the more well known Vivaldi versions, from the proms on R3 catch up from earlier. I went to that prom, and splashed out on being in a box, but the sound was not as good as being in the arena. So listening again is an enjoyable re-visitation.

With the links to other versions of the Messiah on my previous thread, I won't have any time to do anything else over Christmas....

I look forward to the Hamburg performance.

Rob

Post edited at 00:29
 Herdwickmatt 21 Dec 2021
In reply to Tringa:

Yes! I’ll get that on the HiFi later. 

OP Tringa 21 Dec 2021
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

> Wonderful fun.

> BTW, there was a truly fantastic performance of the Messiah given by the London Tenebrae Choir and the Academy of Ancient Music at the Elbphilharmonie in Hamburg at couple of nights ago. You think you know a piece of music very well, and then you hear something like this. Hard to imagine it being done better. In particular, the quality of the music recording is outstanding, perhaps the best I've ever heard. Stick your headphones on and listen to this! youtube.com/watch?v=8wTAhhGlDYw&

Thanks for posting this. I haven't listened to all of it yet but what I have heard so far definitely confirms your opinion; it is excellent and also a great quality video.

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...