Guitar instrumental in Fever Pitch

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mark Bannan 30 Aug 2019

Hi Folks, 

Recently, I watched the film version of "Fever Pitch" and I was rather captivated by a guitar instrumental, played as a very atmospheric background when Nick's Dad takes him to his first football match at Highbury in 1968. I searched through the film credits with the aid of YouTube and I couldn't find it anywhere. It sounds a bit like The Manics or some other such song.

I would be hugely grateful if someone can help me with this. I would be surprised if it's not a track in its own right and not just some bit of incidental backing music.

In reply to Mark Bannan:

Cafe '68 by Boo Hewerdine and Neil MacColl

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fever-Pitch-Music-Moments-Film/dp/B000025B9N/ref=s...

track 6

Post edited at 16:27
OP Mark Bannan 30 Aug 2019
In reply to Bjartur i Sumarhus:

Cheers, but if this is what you meant ...

youtube.com/watch?v=9dP6f-i_B5Y&

... that's not what I mean.

The track I was referring to starts off at just before 12.00 minutes into the film when Nick and his Dad meet some old cynical Arsenal fans.

In reply to Mark Bannan:

no it's this one at 1m 10secs

youtube.com/watch?v=tyg01ruTFEI&

OP Mark Bannan 01 Sep 2019

That's certainly the song, but I can't find it on the soundtrack. If you know any more about it, I would be hugely grateful for any info!

Blue Straggler 02 Sep 2019
In reply to Mark Bannan:

> I would be surprised if it's not a track in its own right and not just some bit of incidental backing music.

It sounds like a long intro to some b-side by any of a thousand late 1990s indie/Britpop bands (I don't mean this in an insulting way, just saying it's got a certain sound to it and is almost familiar yet not so well known to me that I could identify it). Do you have the Shazam app installed on a mobile phone, this is apparently what people use to identify music (I don't have it otherwise I'd have had a go for you)?

In reply to Mark Bannan:

I don't unfortunately, I played the clip of the song into Shazam and it identified it immediately, then cross referenced it to the soundtrack and it was there. It's not on Spotify though (song or soundtrack) so that's where I hit a brick wall.

Blue Straggler 02 Sep 2019

I am confused. Did the song get identified properly or only as "from Fever Pitch soundtrack"?

In reply to Blue Straggler:

it was identified properly (Cafe'68 Boo H....) I then checked the soundtrack listings and it was there as track 6. Then I found it here where I could listen to a sample confirming it was correct.

https://www.muziekweb.eu/en/Link/HFX3500/Fever-pitch-music-and-moments-from...

There is someone selling the soundtrack CD on e b a y for £2.89 with free postage, so that's probably Marks best bet.

OP Mark Bannan 02 Sep 2019

Cheers! This has helped perfectly! Sorted! (best said in a cockney accent!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...