Grayson Perry Art Club Ch4

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sean Kelly 10 Dec 2021

They have this handicapped girl on the programme Becky, who draws with her eyes, and it is truly awe-inspiring. Grayson had a go and, well let's just say, 'Could do better'. She does a portrait of Grayson which is original and very good. You just have to watch it. About 8 minutes in.

Duncan Bourne 11 Dec 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

got it on record and looking forward to watching it

plyometrics 11 Dec 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

She was incredible and her portrait was fantastic. Thought the whole show was a joy to watch. Last year’s episode was equally good. 

Dave Garnett 11 Dec 2021
In reply to plyometrics:

> She was incredible and her portrait was fantastic. Thought the whole show was a joy to watch. Last year’s episode was equally good. 

Yes, I agree.  I have a lot of time for Grayson Perry. His Reith lectures were brilliant too.

OP Sean Kelly 11 Dec 2021
In reply to Sean Kelly:

I just felt really good after watching. It was about real people, not posers in the RA or artists disappearing up their own a*session. Grayson had a real rapport with those he was meeting. It was perhaps only fitting that Becky's picture was the poster for the exhibition. The way she captured his eyes was incredible. The look of sheer delight on her face was wonderful to behold. More stuff like this please, than most of the mindless drivel that serves as TV today.

Post edited at 11:21

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...