GB News - Neil resigns

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58464664?at_campaign=64&a...

How long does this garbage channel have left?

Post edited at 19:53
 bouldery bits 13 Sep 2021
In reply to TheDrunkenBakers:

I was worried Grimer had left the BMC.

spenser 13 Sep 2021

The company gives a platform for Farage to spout his racist tripe, the channel clearly doesn't intend to contribute anything of value to the UK's political discourse.

Andy Hardy 13 Sep 2021

The backers of GB news have very deep pockets. I'm afraid it's going to become a bile duct for ex commodities trader and part time man of the people NF to distribute his racist-adjacent invective.

Shani 13 Sep 2021
In reply to Andy Hardy:

> The backers of GB news have very deep pockets. I'm afraid it's going to become a bile duct for ex commodities trader and part time man of the people NF to distribute his racist-adjacent invective.

True that there's a lot of money behind it but I understand yhat even Farage is haemorrhaging racists...erm I mean viewers.

Two dislikes and one like, on this subject, in UKC.

Ive entered a parallel universe...

broken spectre 13 Sep 2021

> Ive entered a parallel universe...

One where a chain-smoking xenophobe (who has already been implemental in causing more damage to this country than anytime since WW2!) is gifted a platform to further disseminate his hatred whilst everyone looks on with mild apathy?

You're right! Pass the portal-gun, this dimension sucks.

wintertree 13 Sep 2021

> Two dislikes and one like, on this subject, in UKC.

Many OPs just seem to get a lot of dislikes regardless of the subject.  It's really bizarre.

I reckon there must be a couple of people on here who just dislike anything not related to climbing...

In reply to wintertree:

It has crossed my mind that the downvotes could have been from people who object to a thread about the obscure hate channel because said thread will generate further publicity for them?

The old adage "There's no such thing as bad publicity" seems pertinent when discussing hate and how it can spread.

Jon Stewart 13 Sep 2021
In reply to broken spectre:

> One where a chain-smoking xenophobe (who has already been implemental in causing more damage to this country than anytime since WW2!) is gifted a platform to further disseminate his hatred whilst everyone looks on with mild apathy?

I'm delighted by the mild apathy. I had a good laugh when I watched some of the content and saw how humiliatingly pathetically crap it was...but it's heartening to know how few people are interested in these so-called culture war issues. 

There's a few people on social media banging on about how the "authoritarian left" are locking up good honest people just for saying they're English, or that only black transgenders have any hope of getting a job, or that they - the politically correct loony left - have banned Christmas, or sex within wedlock, or chips or whatever. But no one wants to listen because getting worked up about this made-up stuff is a niche interest, it does not have broad appeal.

If you want to hear the news, you can go on Sky or BBC. If you're a frothing right-wing nutjob, then the internet is your oyster, and has been for decades. Go on youtube, and watch some complete and utter bollocks, fill yer boots. If you're that kind of person, there's loads out there that's more outrageous, more hateful, more satisfying than GBN. Normal people don't want this crap, they're not scared of trans people, nor are they anti-lockdown bell-ends nor raging racists. Those views are extreme, and GBN miscalculated when they believed that there was an appetite broadcasting the voice of this self-proclaimed "silent majority". The bell-ends are not in any way silent, they scream their f*cking nuts off, and they're a tiny minority. They need to f*ck off, shut up, and understand that they're a tiny minority of stupid, misguided idiots on the margins of society.

You had your moment with Brexit. Now f*ck off, we're not interested.

Post edited at 23:02
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Good rant Jon!!

To clarify though; is it me who you'd like to f*ck off?

Thanks, Rob.

Jon Stewart 13 Sep 2021
In reply to broken spectre:

> To clarify though; is it me who you'd like to f*ck off?

Haha no. Unless you are actually Nigel Farage in some double-bluff UKC trolling masterpiece. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...