Franco takes noob on first climbing trip...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jiminy483 23 Mar 2023

youtube.com/watch?v=JEVf654fc1g&

Mad lad Franco is at it again, if you don't want to watch it all 14-18 mins is very funny.

TobyA 23 Mar 2023
In reply to jiminy483:

I'm sure this actually happened a few years back. Is Franco maximising his "content" with some new jazzy graphics?

OP jiminy483 24 Mar 2023
In reply to TobyA:

No idea, I assumed he'd done it recently. 

OP jiminy483 24 Mar 2023
In reply to Edshakey:

Ah ok, not recently then.

Franco Cookson 29 Mar 2023
In reply to jiminy483:

Hi, yeh, I climbed the route a while ago, but have just got round to making a video of it. I didn't quite realise how hilarious my poor communication/ the general dynamic was till I started editing 😂

Thanks for the plug anyway. I've got lots of footage of stuff and way more time now, so hopefully this will be the first of many and they will improve! The YouTube channel is definitely in it's infancy, but if you fancy subscribing etc. that would be a massive help!

Thanks,

Franco 

OP jiminy483 29 Mar 2023
In reply to Franco Cookson:

I do subscribe to the channel, the video came up in my feed. I thought the belay lesson was really funny given the situation, had me in stitches. I don't know how I missed this, I assumed you'd done it last week or something. Maybe I didn't miss it, my memory sucks. 

Slackboot 30 Mar 2023
In reply to Franco Cookson:

The comedic element definitely makes this more interesting than the hundreds of other videos of hard climbs out there. It was a fun watch, thank you.

Post edited at 07:13
 PaulJepson 30 Mar 2023
In reply to jiminy483:

I remember Steve Mac talking about how when he's climbing at his limit, he cant be thinking about the belayers (think it was on that Nesscliff route where he had a belayer on each rope with a grigri). Something I relate to, as there are only a few people I'll let belay me at my limit.

So I guess this is the opposite of that.

Franco Cookson 30 Mar 2023
In reply to Slackboot:

Great to hear! Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks everyone!

In reply to Paul: yeh, I think if you're really pushing it you need a belayer you don't have to think about too much. I certainly wouldn't want a novice belayer to belay me when I felt close to my limit on bold moves and as i explain in the video, this whole situation on hold fast, hold true was probably not the best decision I ever made. It did give the whole experience  a bit of an adventurous twist though, so maybe it was pretty good in that sense?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...