Did you ever meet Kurt Albert?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 McHeath 02 Dec 2021

Good morning UKC! I'm doing some research into Kurt Albert and would love to hear from anybody who met him/climbed with him. If you feel like sharing any first-hand anecdotes or information, I'd be most grateful if you could send me a PM. 

Darron 02 Dec 2021
In reply to McHeath:

It was only brief but I met him once in Eldorado canyon. We had just done Bastille crack and he was attempting a desperate new line on the upper part of the cliff. He asked what we had done, chatted for a while and offered to share his cake. We were left with the impression of a really nice guy and fantastic climber.

racodemisa 02 Dec 2021
In reply to McHeath:

I met him and Wolfgang Gullich in the Lister arms at malham in 1986.They were very friendly /open climbers.Theyd been to Australia and I listened to their stories of how good the climbing was that i put in on the top of my travel list.They seemed really genuine and keen to encourage me to adventure on down there.They  didn't mention grades just the quality of the climbing..Next day they were at gordale where my friends and I were climbing.Wolfgang Gullich was doing an early repeat of cave RT left hand I think pulling out old situ pro as he progressed !

Post edited at 16:55
OP McHeath 03 Dec 2021
In reply to racodemisa:

Thanks for this! 

OP McHeath 03 Dec 2021
In reply to Darron:

Thanks, sounds like a good trip! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...