Desert Island Discs - Steven Spielberg

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 broken spectre 19 Dec 2022

A brilliant director and an affable gentleman but his debut on Desert Island Discs nigh on put me to sleep!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001g8m4

Enjoy your time on the Island Steven. Come back when you've developed a personality! 😉

Lankyman 19 Dec 2022
In reply to broken spectre:

Cut him some slack! Those dinosaurs were pretty amazing.

Billhook 19 Dec 2022

He was also upset at the amount of bad press and persecution he brought about for sharks following the release of Jaws.

In reply to Billhook:

> ...following the release of Jaws.

Wasn't that an exceptional film!

Siward 19 Dec 2022

Yes, pretty darned tedious  

Lankyman 19 Dec 2022

> Wasn't that an exceptional film!

I agree. When the head rolled out of the hole in the boat the whole audience jumped out of their seats.

Dreadful for sure.

I recommend listening to the Richard E Grant one. Absolutely remarkable in many ways, and the minute of radio silence after one of the tracks has to be one of the best minutes of radio in the last decade.

Mark Collins 21 Dec 2022
In reply to Frank the Husky:

> I recommend listening to the Richard E Grant one. Absolutely remarkable in many ways, and the minute of radio silence after one of the tracks has to be one of the best minutes of radio in the last decade.

Thanks, I'm always after a good Desert Island Discs. While we're on the subject of good ones, I'd suggest footballer Ian Wright's. I found it so moving I had to stop the car and have a cry.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...