Deep Purple and an industrial Llanberis...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Sl@te Head 09 May 2020

New prog rock music from Deep Purple, with an industrial looking Llanberis in the video....

youtube.com/watch?v=ojHRoKzQwfE&

Lankyman 10 May 2020
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Blimey, thought that the age of Dinosaurs was long since past? It would be interesting to try and name all the locations that feature, even though they've been heavily CGI'd.

In reply to Removed Usercapoap:

... yes, "Made in Japan" it ain't..!

Andy Gamisou 19 May 2020
In reply to Sl@te Head:

I quite like it.  Although (as my wife never tires of telling me) I like any old shite.  Except free-form jazz (I mean, really - wtf?)

Bob Kemp 19 May 2020
In reply to Andy Gamisou:

Agreed about the free-form jazz. I saw Evan Parker a few years ago and was moderately baffled. I've had better evenings. There was a percussionist with him, playing all kinds of household implements as well as the more normal drums and cymbals, and at one point I saw him belabouring his kit with what appeared to be a pair of leeks. At the interval I sidled round to the stage and saw that they were actually pieces of pipe insulation. They certainly didn't improve the sound anyway.

Anyway, sorry to digress. Here's Spongebob:

youtube.com/watch?v=a8KOdTjMbj0&

Andy Gamisou 19 May 2020
In reply to Bob Kemp:

To be fair - that does sound hilarious (even if the actual sound wasn't).

Clarence 19 May 2020
In reply to Sl@te Head:

If you hadn't told me I would never have guessed that was the Purps, maybe a mellowed out Dream Theater. However, I love it! Just the kind of thing I like when I'm not in a death/viking/pirate/thrash metal mood.

In reply to Richard Wheeldon:

> ... yes, "Made in Japan" it ain't..!

An all time favourite double album, now in many versions with extras and shit, but the original blew me away.

In reply to Stefan Jacobsen:

> An all time favourite double album, now in many versions with extras and shit, but the original blew me away.

... yes, it would be in my top three best live albums of all time...

Post edited at 22:30
 Ceiriog Chris 20 May 2020
In reply to Richard Wheeldon:

Yes agree, what would be your other 2 ?

gribble 20 May 2020
In reply to Ceiriog Chris:

In a similar vein to Made in Japan, I always (and still do!) enjoyed Rainbow Live.

In reply to Ceiriog Chris:

UFO: Strangers in the Night and Pink Floyd: Delicate Sound of Thunder...

Bulls Crack 20 May 2020
In reply to Sl@te Head:

Oh dear...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...