Davey's on the road again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Big Ger 10 Apr 2018

Just having bought a campervan, I'm looking forward to long  runs, with the stereo playing my favourite driving music.

Top of my list of CDs/Albums for tootling to along are

"Stratosfear" and "Phaedra" by Tangerine Dream,

"Judgement", "Matter and Form", and "Futureperfect" by VNV Nation,

"First and Last and Always" and "Vision Thing" by The Sisters of Mercy.

What is your "must listen" long journey music?

Post edited at 15:34
 Hat Dude 10 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Going Mobile by The Who has got to find a place on your list

cb294 10 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

For me, G.F. Händel, "Alessandro" in the Cencic recording. Solid three hours of music covering two thirds of my weekend commute (currently working 500km away from my family). Before that it was St. Matthew's passion, and before that Vivaldi's La Verita in Cimento.

From the pop/rock genres, JJ Cale's "Call me the Breeze" (or the Lynyrd Skynyrd cover) must be the ultimate driving song. Otherwise, Bonnie Prince Billy or Gillian Welch.

CB

philipivan 10 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

If you like tangerine you have to have some Hawkwind maybe warrior at the gates, Caravan in the land of grey and pink, Brian eno another green world and Jean Michel Jarre.

Andy Hardy 10 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

> What is your "must listen" long journey music?

I once went on an overnight coach trip from the outskirts of London to Switzerland on which the drivers played "Jive Bunny's greatest hit" on repeat. Not recommended.

felt 10 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

> Top of my list of CDs/Albums for tootling to along are

> "Stratosfear" and "Phaedra" by Tangerine Dream,

If I want to get somewhere with a little more zip, but still steady, still Euro, maybe Neu!:

youtube.com/watch?v=zndpi8tNZyQ&

Blue Straggler 10 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

I once drove from Llanberis to the East Midlands via a stop in Stockport, a slow drive due to heavy rain, listening to the first three Alessi's Ark albums three times each. They added up to the exact driving time (i.e. I arrived at destination just as the final song on the third album ended). 
I liked it but most people would consider it a bit to twee and polite for long distance driving, especially you Hawkwind and Neu! hardmen

aln 11 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

The War On Drugs - Lost In A Dream fairly barrels along, good for motorway driving. 

OMR 11 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

When I used to do all-nighter drives I'd make it on a diet largely composed of Chicago blues played loud. And lots of cigarettes. (It was a long time ago)

Removed User 11 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Dylan's Another Self Portrait from the Bootleg Series is always in my van.

Kipper 11 Apr 2018
In reply to Big Ger:

Once drove Pretoria-Harare (1000km?) and back with one cassette - Lena Lovich/Pat Benatar - probably take some more if I did it again

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...