Coldplay

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 broken spectre 23 Aug 2022

Good eh! I must be getting soft and/or old. Used to think they were for bed wetters 🙃 Love all the fluorescent colours. Anyone seen 'em live? They're touring in 2023.

pencilled in 23 Aug 2022
In reply to broken spectre:

Seek urgent medical assistance. You may have been spiked. 

C Witter 24 Aug 2022

> Good eh! I must be getting soft and/or old. Used to think they were for bed wetters 🙃 Love all the fluorescent colours. Anyone seen 'em live? They're touring in 2023.

Yet further evidence of the importance of wearing a helmet...

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis. You can't trust people.

joeramsay 24 Aug 2022

> Used to think they were for bed wetters 

I have some bad news for you 

dunc56 24 Aug 2022

I've seen Coldplay AND James Blunt - who can top that ? 

Iamgregp 24 Aug 2022

Think I’ve been to about three out four festivals where they’ve headlined.

And each time I’ve managed to swerve having to endure even a second of them

bouldery bits 24 Aug 2022

I actually like Coldplay. 

Iamgregp 24 Aug 2022
In reply to bouldery bits:

That’s cool man, nothing to be ashamed of. There’s loads of people who aren’t really into music…

bouldery bits 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

Hahaha! 

Robert Durran 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

> That’s cool man, nothing to be ashamed of. There’s loads of people who aren’t really into music…

It would appear so; just more in to jumping on to trendy snobbish bandwagons.

barbeg 24 Aug 2022

I saw Coldplay at Hampden last night...

The light show, stage set and production were fabulous, the band energy and stage performance was great....BUT... the sound was truly awful...

With a crowd of 50,000 in a big open air stadium, they had to crank up the volume, which just came across as a massively loud noise...

I didn't hear a word or lyric all night....

Very disappointing and not cheap....

Lesson learnt, not doing a big venue again...

Barbeg

Iamgregp 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Robert Durran:

It was only meant (and taken) as a joke.

I mean I am a music snob, but y’know… 

Iamgregp 24 Aug 2022
In reply to barbeg:

So disappointing when bad sound ruins a gig.  Saw Blur at Hyde Park once and it was amazing, went to see them again at the same venue a couple of years later and it was awful. So quiet you could literally talk at normal volume and people could hear you.

freeflyer 24 Aug 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

> bad sound ruins a gig.  

Sound is important. I usually buy the album of the gig rather than go to the bother and expense of turning up.

But the ambience is important; I remember a brilliant Miles Davis gig in Nice; the sound was ok, I think, but it was more about the warm night air and strange amounts of smoke wafting around the olive garden.

petemeads 24 Aug 2022
In reply to freeflyer:

I saw Barry Manilow at the Hollywood Bowl on Independence Day 2012 (it was compulsory..) The sound during the orchestral first half was fine, once he came onstage they wound it up to uncomfortable/distorted levels but the ambience made it tolerable, as did the fireworks at the end.

65 24 Aug 2022
In reply to freeflyer:

Few posts on here have made me so envious. I had tickets to see him in Glasgow in the early 90s. Something came up and I couldn't go but I wasn't too bothered as a friend had only just introduced him to me and anyway assured me that he was permanently on tour and I'd get another chance before too long. Within a year I had become a worshipper and Miles was dead. Nice must have been an idyllic place to see him.

Bottom Clinger 25 Aug 2022

Glad you feel that you can come out on here, admission is a key step in recovery. 

Keep us posted - we are here to help. 

What eyebrow raising reactions to an innoxious post! I suspect the faux outrage is not directed at Coldplay (because everybody secretly likes Coldplay), more my aligning myself with them; them being irreproachable unlike us mortals...

bouldery bits 25 Aug 2022
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

Hahah,

All joking aside, the 'Parachutes' and 'Rush of blood to the head' albums are real favourites of mine. 

It feels good to get that off my chest. 

freeflyer 25 Aug 2022
In reply to 65:

The place is idyllic, but sadly Miles was already poorly. He did the concert ok, but was resting his elbows on his knees to help support the instrument.

Take a trip to the Nice Jazz Festival one year, an experience not to be forgotten!

ff

Iamgregp 25 Aug 2022

What do you think of the newer stuff? I’ve a couple of mates who were into them in that era but don’t like their new stuff… 

They seem to have come into a new era that’s all about magical looking stage shows and a more electronic sound. I think a lot of the original fans aren’t keen on the new sound, but they still love to go see them live. 

bouldery bits 25 Aug 2022
In reply to Iamgregp:

I'm not a huge fan of the latest stuff to be honest. A little too 'pop' for my taste. I do have a soft spot for the Viva La Vida album but then that's probably not 'newer' any more!

graeme jackson 25 Aug 2022
In reply to 65:

> Few posts on here have made me so envious.

Ditto. And by some strange coincidence I've been bingeing on Miles all week. Right now it's the double live 'last concert in Avignon - 1988'.  

65 25 Aug 2022
In reply to freeflyer:

> Take a trip to the Nice Jazz Festival one year, an experience not to be forgotten!

That sounds like a good excuse to go back. I've only spent a few days there, lazing and eating after cycling from Geneva. I absolutely loved the place and I don't really do cities.

FactorXXX 25 Aug 2022
In reply to freeflyer:

> Take a trip to the Nice Jazz Festival one year, an experience not to be forgotten!

Or, as they would say on Jazz Club:
Take a trip to the Nice Jazz Festival one year - Nice...

Rush of blood to the head is a classic. One of the best albums of all time.

I'm not a big fan - my real musical loves, although broad, have generally been elsewhere.  But I saw Coldplay live in their very early days, as 4th on the bill - supporting Campag Velocet, Les Rythmes Digitales, and Shack.  I remember saying to a friend on the way back to the train station that Yellow, not yet released, gave me vibes of the La's  "There She Goes" and it might be a similar indie / mainstream crossover hit.  During that gig they seemed so hopeful and unaffected, and I've retained a soft spot for them since, although I can't say I've really taken much notice of their output since the early days.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...