Climbing On BBC Scotland

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 krikoman 20 Jul 2019

Only just discovered this program, sadly, it's still on IPlayer, at least some of it.

The climbing one last night was great, amazing what some young people are achieving.

Something for everyone on some of the other programs too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0006y44/the-adventure-show-20192020-...

full stottie 20 Jul 2019
In reply to krikoman:

Thanks for that link. Impressive stuff from the young 'uns and the event was well covered. I thought the commentary was pretty good too - relaxed and informative for both climbing and non-climbing audiences. 

Good reminder in there for climbing walls (and Clubs?) around the country to be thinking about the possible impact of Olympic coverage on future take-up of the sport.

Dave

OP krikoman 23 Jul 2019
In reply to full stottie:

yes it was great, I wasn't so impressed with the interviews afterwards, but still

Some of the others in the series are quite good too, but running out of time on IPlayer.

The Cletman was particularly good.

Sean Kelly 23 Jul 2019
In reply to krikoman:

The Adventure Show. Not much adventure on show here. No risk, no sign of trad. But with the Scottish weather climate I can understand having to resort to indoor wall climbing. Totally Boring!

OP krikoman 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> The Adventure Show. Not much adventure on show here. No risk, no sign of trad. But with the Scottish weather climate I can understand having to resort to indoor wall climbing. Totally Boring!

I see you simply discounted the other programs in the series, well done! Let us know how you got on when you've done the Cletman, won't you?

14 years olds onsight leading 8a, I'd say that's pretty adventurous, but each to his own I suppose.

Post edited at 14:46
 Sean Kelly 23 Jul 2019
In reply to krikoman:

I can only comment on what I view!

OP krikoman 23 Jul 2019
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> I can only comment on what I view!

Like I said, it's up to you,  no one going to make you like it. The Adventure Show was more than one program though, it's like someone looking at one photograph, saying it's shit and not bothering looking at any others.

subtle 25 Jul 2019
In reply to Sean Kelly:

> I can only comment on what I view!

Just say what you see

OP krikoman 25 Jul 2019
In reply to subtle:

> Just say what you see

"when you see it, say it!"

Post edited at 17:36

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...