Classic Music Videos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I came to New Order late in their life and loved the music but only recently began to appreciate the videos that they did. This is one of my favourite tracks and I only found this video a few months ago - it is so good!  youtube.com/watch?v=xxDv_RTdLQo&

It reminded me of other great videos - Radio Gaga by Queen & Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel

What are your favourite music videos?

plyometrics 11 Nov 2018
In reply to keith-ratcliffe

Good thread. Love Radio Ga Ga, such an evocative video.

Save for the Foos, none of these are necessarily my favourite tracks or artists, but off the top of my head, I do like the following:

Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly

Fat Boy Slim  - Weapon of choice

OK Go - Here it goes again

A-ha - Take On Me

aln 11 Nov 2018
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:

That New Order video is excellent, a nice change from the usual choice of True Faith.

Blue Straggler 11 Nov 2018

That is a lovely video but I am not sure whether it counts as “classic New Order” given that it is a fan-made(*) video from some time in the 00s which the band liked enough to use as an official video for the re-released catalogue.

* celebrity fan Victoria Bergstrom which probably helped to get the band’s attention

Let Forever Be directed by Michel Gondry for The Chemical Brothers is astonishing. Doesn’t even matter if you don’t care much for the song 

In reply to plyometrics:

I guess most of OK Go’s videos beat almost anything else.

it was them that did the zero-G video spliced to look like a single shot , yes?

At the other end of the “single-shot” scale, there’s Lisa Hannigan’s Little Bird video 

Removed User 11 Nov 2018
In reply to keith-ratcliffe:for just plain WTF? weirdness-

youtube.com/watch?v=cn73Wtem0No&

This one is either deeply problematical, or they are taking the piss, but it does make me laugh

youtube.com/watch?v=ZZAD7W3M4zc&

Wainers44 11 Nov 2018

Stumbled across Otherside by Red Hot Chilli Peppers recently. Oddly addictive viewing. 

In reply to Removed Userena sharples:

Ah Laibach, “bring me a light beer”

Blue Straggler 12 Nov 2018
In reply to Blue Straggler:

If we ARE doing fan-made b&w videos of New Order, check out the one for Your Silent Face on YouTube uploaded by Gilson Berns. It’s just some pieces of stock footage and for all I know it is random playing around rather than a concerted effort to make a video, but it’s weirdly mesmerising and charming 

Captain Solo 12 Nov 2018
In reply to plyometrics:

> Save for the Foos, none of these are necessarily my favourite tracks or artists, but off the top of my head, I do like the following:

> Foo Fighters - Learn To Fly

As far as videos from the FF go, you can't beat 'Low' -

youtube.com/watch?v=ySlZdASmGCM&

Jon Stewart 12 Nov 2018

Chris Cunningham is the undisputed king of the music video: this is an all-time classic. Be afraid:

youtube.com/watch?v=UBS4Gi1y_nc&

In a rather more tender mood:

youtube.com/watch?v=AjI2J2SQ528&

Jon Stewart 12 Nov 2018

This isn't really a music video in the sense that the track comes first and the video second - but it's a video and it's music, and it's one of my favourite things on the whole of youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=AjI2J2SQ528&

Post edited at 22:33
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> Ah Laibach, “bring me a light beer”

and fried chicken.

Jon Stewart 12 Nov 2018

This isn't "classic" - but it's audio visual techno at its very best:

youtube.com/watch?v=4PMJihr4nY8&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...