Big up big farmer.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wintertree 19 Jun 2022
In reply to deepsoup:

If I ever invent a time machine, I’m going back to see The Levellers in 1992.

youtube.com/watch?v=L-yZIOrt02s&

aln 20 Jun 2022
In reply to wintertree:

I'd go back to 87 to re-watch New Order's headline set. I'd seen them in Manchester the year before at the 10 years of punk event and they were shite. At Glastonbury they were fantastic. Ending with a cover of Sister Ray, green lasers strafing the crowd while a feedback maelstrom filled our heads was something I'll never forget.

Ooh, and for contrast, Taj Mahal headlining on the Sunday. I'd never heard of him, but he was also excellent. 

In reply to wintertree:

1984 was pretty good; The Smith's, Elvis Costello, Ian Dury, Christy Moore, Billy Bragg, John Martyn...........

Tickets were £13.

M

Bottom Clinger 01 Jul 2022
In reply to aln:

I went in 1985. I’d been climbing and dossing in N Wales for a while and we decided to head down. I had the clothes I was stood in - t shirt, jeans, jumper - a sleeping bag and a toothbrush. My mate borrowed his mums car and we had a tent. It pissed down. We used an orange plastic bivi bag with a letterbox cut out of it to keep us nice and dry and sweaty and smokey. Jonathon Richmond, The Pogues, Echo and the Bunnymen were great. The drug scene was crazy. 

Hooo 01 Jul 2022
In reply to aln:

87 was my first Glastonbury, and the first time I took acid. I don't remember what bands I saw, but I went back many times.

Those were the days. Tickets were about £20 and I cycled down to the CND shop to buy them. My mate bunked in, and then we discovered that the fence didn't go all the way round. If you walked far enough you came to the end of it and could just walk in.

aln 04 Jul 2022
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

> The drug scene was crazy. 

We bought some lovely soft black hash from some rastas. They had 2 tables set up, one of the smiley guys sitting there asked how much you were paying, he chopped a bit from a big block, you paid and off you went. It was excellent quality, better and cheaper than we were getting at home. 

elsewhere 04 Jul 2022
In reply to deepsoup:

He has a wonderful laugh - such positivity.

arch 04 Jul 2022
In reply to deepsoup:

Umm.

Pissed up - Drugged up - Shit up.

Sounds great.......

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...