Better call Saul Series finale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wilkie14c 17 Aug 2022

Well it’s done, it’s ended and what a ride it was. Personally found the whole thing much slower than Breaking Bad but so much more depth of characters. 

Going to have to rewatch BB soon!

Any other BCS fans?

Mike Stretford 17 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

It was very good. Thought they ended it better than BB (seems to be the hardest part but they nailed this one).

CantClimbTom 17 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

I'm horrified and considering reporting this post to mods.

Every perfectly reasonable and innocuous post it seems should get one inexplicable downvote for absolutely no justifiable reason. Your post is perfectly reasonable yet has no downvote!

I'll give you a totally irrational downvote to restore the balance, this time, but don't let it happen again

Duncan Bourne 17 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

I loved BB and I am loving BCS. Not seen last series yet

althesin 17 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

Yeah,  I blubbed.

Clauso 18 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

Proper good. Proper telly... I can now cancel my Netflix subscription.

OP wilkie14c 18 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

Without giving any spoilers away, I thought the final scene, the red cigarette end in the B&W shot as meaningful as the red coat in Schindlers List

Clauso 18 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

The whole series was exquisitely crafted cinematography... But, yeah, the fag end featuring the fag end grabbed the attention.

ThunderCat 18 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

> Without giving any spoilers away, I thought the final scene, the red cigarette end in the B&W shot as meaningful as the red coat in Schindlers List

Yeah!  I spotted that and thought it was very poignant.

So many great character and plot lines throughout the whole Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul series

Pryce - even such a small character who was key to introducing Nacho. what a legend.  The guy deserves his own spin off

youtube.com/watch?v=N723si1wAG8&

youtube.com/watch?v=1v3xYqr5V44&

Babika 18 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

Just watched it tonight. Bit of a roller coaster but ultimately satisfying to tie up the ends.

And good to see a few old friends even if it felt a bit contrived at times.

OP wilkie14c 18 Aug 2022
In reply to ThunderCat:

Colin Robinson! 

GEd_83 19 Aug 2022
In reply to wilkie14c:

I thought BCS was a masterpiece. A 6 season masterpiece based on a comedic relief supporting character from BB, supported by other amazing characters some of whom were based on just one off, throw away lines in BB.

It started off as just a fairly light hearted prequel spin off, but ended up being both a prequel, and a sequel. To me, with the way it fully encapsulates BB (not to mention all the BB timeline flashbacks woven in, which add key little bits of context to BB events), it now seems like the parent series to BB, rather than the other way around, which is some achievement given the quality of BB itself.

nufkin 20 Aug 2022
In reply to GEd_83:

>  it now seems like the parent series to BB, rather than the other way around

Which leads to the prospect of arguments about the best order to watch them in, a la Star Wars.

(If Star Wars had meth dealers)

65 20 Aug 2022
In reply to nufkin:

BCS series 1-5 was already on Netflix by the time I'd caved in to encouragement and started watching BB. I was aware that BCS was a prequel but not that it would also be a sequel to BB, so I did wonder about watching BCS first. Most chatter reckoned BB first was best, and I tend to agree. Both series were outstanding, possibly up there with The Wire.

Maggot 20 Aug 2022
In reply to 65:

If they overlap each other in time, surely it would be best to watch both simultaneously (almost). Just need to work out the date of each episode so you could merge both series into one.

65 20 Aug 2022
In reply to Maggot:

Individual episodes of BCS have both prequel and sequel elements in them. I've no complaints about having watching BB first. Interesting that the writers only started on BCS after the huge success of BB and the popularity of the Saul Goodman character. Let's not forget the El Camino epilogue as well.

im off 20 Aug 2022
In reply to CantClimbTom:

Gave u a down vote 👍

CantClimbTom 07 Sep 2022
In reply to im off:

Thank you 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...