Beluga Lagoon

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deepsoup 08 Jan 2020

I posted a link to a series of 3 little documentaries on BBC Scotland in another thread, thought at the time they probably deserved a thread of their own.  Since then I looked into it a bit more, and they really definitely do!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0008n9l

These are the films on the telly I'm talking about - available on iplayer for another 3 weeks or so.  Somebody posted them on another forum, and also this which is the pilot they made for the BBC that convinced them to commission the series:

youtube.com/watch?v=-4haMYLCFDM&

The films follow two pals having daft little adventures in Scotland, on foot, by bike, canoe and pack raft.  They're really charming little films, there's some really nice drone footage, some lovely wildlife footage and a sense of warmth and camaraderie about them like sitting next to a camp fire with your slightly tipsy best pal.

I liked the music, credited to a band called 'Beluga Lagoon', and checked them out and that's them too!

They have a youtube channel, music videos and the like, but also some full-length documentaries of their own and the quality of their films, especially the later ones, is *amazing*.

Have a look at 'Sullivan's Wild Scotland', this is really lovely stuff!

Rivers: youtube.com/watch?v=fn0ojOOb-Gc&
The Coast: youtube.com/watch?v=lE3gJave0jU&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...