Attenborough’s Wonder of Song

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

What a fascinating program that was on BBC tonight (it’s available on iPlayer); an incredible insight to wildlife songs and their significance. The Lyrebird and it’s ability to mimic sounds was amazing.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00134jr

Mal Grey 03 Jan 2022
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

Wasn't it just! 

Fascinating and informative, and great to have a prime-time nature programme actually coming from a totally new angle too.

I also thought that it was a new angle and really good. I particularly liked that it had some UK content in it. Much as I like seeing the exotic places that he visits it was good to have the the Great Tits and Nightingales in there. The Re-wilding project is well worth reading about.

Post edited at 09:18
 Martin Hore 04 Jan 2022

I didn't see all of it, but it was pleasing that it did seem to be something that David Attenborough had a major part in creating, rather than "lending" his voice to someone else's creation, as a few of the projects with his name on do appear to have been in recent years. No criticism of DA implied. If I can be a quarter as active and dedicated in my 90's as DA I would be immensely proud, and, of course, there is absolutely no chance that I could be as influential.

Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...