Anyone seen 'Supernova?'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Phil1919 04 Jul 2021

What did you think?

Blue Straggler 04 Jul 2021
In reply to Phil1919:

I thought it was a great showcase for acting and for the same-sex partnership in no way being any part of the story or characterisation. They were a loving couple, that was all. 

I did feel like I was on some sort of “classy British dementia safari” watching this after two viewings of The Father, all crammed into 8 days. 

Blue Straggler 04 Jul 2021
In reply to Phil1919:

assuming you mean the new Colin Firth / Stanley Tucci film and not the multiple-disowned space movie with James Spader, circa 2000 

OP Phil1919 05 Jul 2021
In reply to Blue Straggler:

Yes, I thought 'The Father' was cleverly done and great acting again. And yes, I wasn't sure why they portrayed everyone as being loaded in Supernova. I enjoyed them both but wondered how much they will gross. Probably need to have experience of helping someone with dementia to want to see both films?

Blue Straggler 05 Jul 2021
In reply to Phil1919: 

Oh, I meant “classy films” with all top quality actors etc, not referring to the upper-middle class wealthy characters in Supernova! And also their van was a relatively tired old thing... and their holiday cottage was a bit run down. No issue with any of that. 

OP Phil1919 05 Jul 2021
In reply to Blue Straggler:

No real issues but it crossed my mind.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...