A Moon Shaped Pool

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 broken spectre 04 Aug 2021

You know you're in a hole when listening to Radiohead (A Moon Shaped Pool album) on loop

It lures you in like a siren, leaving you wrecked on the rocks. If you resonate with it you're already stuffed - It is the soundscape of psychological implosion.

😁

(I put the smiley in to cheer up an otherwise fairly bleak OP)

Kryank 04 Aug 2021
In reply to broken spectre:

An amazing album, but I have been heavily revisiting King of limbs recently and especially the “from the basement footage”

youtube.com/watch?v=hI5YMDioDBY&

amazing stuff! 

In reply to Kryank:

Ta!

You reminded me of this classic too youtube.com/watch?v=-3ZUQMBD5yI& (Where I End and You Begin - Hail to the Thief album) Outrageously good!

Kryank 04 Aug 2021

Yeah great album, have many happy memories of listing to that on mini disk 😂. Been a massive Radiohead fan since the Bends got me in the 90’s. one of those rare bands that have connected with me with every album at different stages of my life, almost like they have grown up with me and provided a soundtrack to my life.

plyometrics 04 Aug 2021

If you float, you burn…

Mike Peacock 05 Aug 2021

I'm going to have a be a voice of disagreement. I love Radiohead, but much of AMSP leaves me cold. There are utter gems like Daydreaming but, to me, a lot of the album sounds like them going through the motions. And the inclusion of True Love Waits ruins things for me too, as that song belongs to another era. I would have preferred to see it left solely in live form on I Might Be Wrong.

Kryank 05 Aug 2021
In reply to Mike Peacock:

Yeah True Love Waits is a funny one, I can understand them wanting to put it on an album as it’s been a great live favourite for a long time (and I quite like the fact that it’s a song you only heard them play live) however I do like the job they have done of the recording of it. But agree it’s from a different era of Radiohead and maybe should have been on OKNOTOK instead of AMSP. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...