5 Days One Summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob Exile Ward 01 Mar 2021

OK not the most complex or multi-level plot in the world, but I think the climbing scenes are pretty interesting and have a real 'feel' for the time, the scenes in the villages, hotels and hits are really evocative of the era, Betsy Brantley is gorgeous (and completely wasted on Sean Connery in the film AND Hamish MacInnes in real life!) and the list of climbers credited at the end as part of the production team is practically a who's who of the climbing scene in the early 80s. Currently on Netflix though you'll have to pay.

Doug 01 Mar 2021
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

There's some info on the filming in Martin Boysen's autobiography & in the collection of articles written by Paul Nunn published as 'At the sharp end'.

Blue Straggler 01 Mar 2021
In reply to Doug:

> There's some info on the filming in Martin Boysen's autobiography & in the collection of articles written by Paul Nunn published as 'At the sharp end'.

Also in Leo Dickinson's "Anything is Possible" or "Filming the Impossible" (I will check which one, later). An early example of pretty bold (sketchy?) BASE jumping iirc, with less margin for "error" than Rick Sylvester's spectacular opening in "The Spy Who Loved Me"

Post edited at 11:35
 65 01 Mar 2021
In reply to Doug:

It's mentioned in Eric Jones' autobiography "A Life on the Edge."

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...