Wye Valley Livox Quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 sideshow84 01 May 2016
Was in Ban Y Gor yesterday and was reminded of a massive quarry on the opposite side of the river, thats currently looking disused. Looked online abit and i think its called Livox quarry and seems to have been refused an application to extend its licence to quarry, within last year or two. Just wondered if this was on anyones radar, espically with the new Wye Valley Sport book coming out soon... im aware that that quarrys need time to settle and access restrictions etc. But just putting it out there as im sure people will know more about these things than me.
 Sam W 01 May 2016
In reply to sideshow84:

Video of it here, starting at about 2:30

youtube.com/watch?v=NxuKmMkPDdU&

Hard to tell what the climbing's like, but the setting looks good.
OP sideshow84 01 May 2016
In reply to Sam W:
Yes Sam i spotted this in my internet searching. Like you say very hard to see what the climbing would be like... but looks like there could be alot of potential!
Post edited at 17:38
In reply to sideshow84:

Very disappointing I'm afraid. Extremely shattered rock - the odd poor quality route here and there may be possible. Fantastic spot though. After landscaping it could well prove to be a lovely spot for picnics and swimming in the 'lake' there.
OP sideshow84 02 May 2016
In reply to WyeValleyClimber:

Aggghh damn! Not suprised other people have tried looking, but looks brill from distance so thought id try digging abit!
 Ollie B 03 May 2016
In reply to WyeValleyClimber:

Agree with WVC, walked into this over the winter and potential for a few poor quality lines but mostly complete shite rock. Nice place though with a good view of Banygor.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...