What next for the BMC ORG?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JR 10 Mar 2018

As many people will know from the other discussions on the forums the BMC is undergoing a governance review.  This is ongoing however the independent ORG section of that is now over, and the recommendations have been handed over to the BMC

Here's a short (ish) blog summarising some of the subsequent discussion and next steps, a place to download the reports, and in some ways a signing off from the ORG.  Now is the time for the members to really get behind the discussions.

Article: https://johnroberts.me/outdoors/climbing/2018/03/what-next-bmc-org-governan...

Post edited at 12:16
 Offwidth 10 Mar 2018
In reply to JR:

I think you are being way too kind to the so called BMC 30. Those interested in real debate don't organise secret campaigns based on clear misinformation (something that has never stopped either, unless my sources in some clubs are making things up... I wish someone could leak these newer letters to a public forum as happened for the dishonest letters  on the MoNC).

The NW area meeting debate and Crag's pages to me represents the fairer end of the alternative view in real public debate. It might be wise to link that page and the BMC discussions on the key news threads (hard to find from a broken search facility).

Mark Kemball 10 Mar 2018
In reply to JR:

Thank you for that blog and for all the hard work put in by the ORG. Having read the revised report, it seems very sensible and I think we should be moving forward with the recommendtions asap. (SW area sec.)

OP JR 10 Mar 2018
In reply to Mark Kemball:

Thanks Mark

Crag Jones 23 Mar 2018
In reply to JR:

Thanks John. here is a link to the 'one-stop' shop of all the varied opinions on the ongoing debate: https://sites.google.com/view/bmc-rr/reviewdocuments

Offwidth 23 Mar 2018
In reply to Crag Jones:

Sorry to keep labouring this point, as I do think the site is a very useful resource but it is 'some of the varied options'...and mainly those critical of key aspects of the ORG.  There is very little supporting  "get things resolved quickly, take the pressure of the staff and let everyone get back to focussing on what the BMC was set up to do", which after "what is all this about and why do I need to care" is the most often expressed view when I talk to climbers and hillwalkers, BMC members or not.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...