Tremadog Parking

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 EarlyBird 17 Sep 2022

What's the deal these days? Drove past today and the old Eric's Café parking was empty but the verges were overflowing. Is parking allowed in the old café?

OP EarlyBird 17 Sep 2022
In reply to Alex Riley:

Thanks. My search of the forums didn't pick this thread up!

George_Surf 18 Sep 2022
In reply to EarlyBird:

yeah it was a bit of a nightmare today. people parking both sides of the road. we got in touch with the chap from the BMC to maybe see if they can put some signs up on the fencing side of the road because if theres an accident then parking could become even more difficult than it already is... its a really fast bit of road there too. plenty of space on the verges where you can get right off the road, but once one person parks badly, everyone thinks its kosher

**edit** i did feel a bit bad / like people might think im holier than though but i actually asked 2 teams to move their cars either from on the road (eg on the verge but way out on the tarmac) and from the fields side of the road. im not the parking police but i know what happens once it goes too far, everyone pays the price

Post edited at 20:45
 Tyler 18 Sep 2022
In reply to George_Surf:

Was the car park full?

kevin stephens 18 Sep 2022
In reply to EarlyBird:

Are so many climbers choosing to park dangerously or antisocially on the verges rather than pay for parking? 

FactorXXX 18 Sep 2022
In reply to kevin stephens:

> Are so many climbers choosing to park dangerously or antisocially on the verges rather than pay for parking? 

They're climbers...

Alex Riley 19 Sep 2022
In reply to George_Surf:

The cars parked on the other side of the road were bad yesterday. Hadfer constantly changing rules doesn't help things though, it's hard to keep track of what's going on for a visiting climber 

George_Surf 20 Sep 2022
In reply to kevin stephens:

> Are so many climbers choosing to park dangerously or antisocially on the verges rather than pay for parking?

because the parking has been closed for ages and i think even now its open it looks closed so everyones just parking on the grass. you can say climbers are stingy but i dont think thats the issue here. no one ever used to park on the grass, 9/10 people paid for parking previously. the situation has changed though and now the grass parking is the norm, i guess because on and off for the last few years its been the only option if you wanted to climb there. its only becoming an issue now because since june its been too hot to climb at tremadog!

gali 23 Sep 2022
In reply to EarlyBird:

my car was vandalised at a local gorge . In my eyes it wasn’t badly parked . I spoke to the farmer and she said it wasn’t them and it was fine where it was . I guess some people are the parking police 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...