Strathfarrar winter vehicle access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Looks like this will be a problem again this winter. Mountaineering Scotland still do not appear to have reached an agreement with Braulen Estate who are  being their usual" helpful"(not) selves. 

DaveHK 24 Oct 2022
In reply to The Watch of Barrisdale:

There was a rumour that there was good news in the pipline on this. I take it that has died?

In reply to DaveHK:

I contacted The MS access officer about this a couple of weeks ago. No indication that progress had been made. Given that " winter" starts on 1 November it's not looking too hopeful. 

ScraggyGoat 24 Oct 2022

I might have to make a trip with the push bike. The hills could be lovely and quiet.

JimbotheScot 24 Oct 2022

Done it from the Conan side and was no hassle but still they shouldn't get to be arseholes about it

In reply to ScraggyGoat:

The Strathfarrar hills are always quiet even at the height of summer. I enjoy the quiet but not the reason for it.

ScraggyGoat 27 Oct 2022

You normally get the ‘wave’ effect as everyone sets off from one or two spots at the same time.

I’ve done them many times, driving in, cycling in, approaching from the North and doing after a Monar Round.

I used to rally against the system, but Personally I quiet like the gate system now, and numbers limit makes the hills different and a little special.

On the day/half day when no cars are allowed, during summer there can be dozens of young children being taught to cycle, or enjoying a near car free ride that otherwise would be too young to be on a highway. What a great place for kids to learn and an adventure for them, as they get better and fitter exploring further up the Glen.

It’s not a big issue to cycle in during winter and then you don’t have a time limit.

It also keeps the NEDs out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...