Scrattling Zawn / Baggy Point access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Snyggapa 18 Sep 2020

Hi all. I am familiar with the access to the Long Rock at baggy, where you are can take a long (50m+) rope to attach to a stake and hidden ring to use as a ab/safety as the scramble down to the top of the crag is certainly a bit sketchy for my liking.

Does anyone have any beta as to what the access to Scrattling is like - is there any fixed gear that I need to find, or do you just follow your nose down an obvious path?

Any wisdom gladly accepted

smithg 18 Sep 2020
In reply to Snyggapa:

Guide says, walk/scramble to the top of Moonshot corner and ab down it from stakes.

Should be pretty obvious and you can get quite a good look from the top of the Long Rock approach.

Chris_Mellor 20 Sep 2020
In reply to Snyggapa:

Personally I find the walk across the steep slope from Long Rock gets quite scary. From a sort of ledge on the ridge above Scrattling Crack you can set up an ab/hand rail rope to get down to the top of the routes following a fairly obvious steepish path.

OP Snyggapa 20 Sep 2020
In reply to Chris_Mellor:

Thanks both. I have seen what looks the the path from the top of long rock and I wasn't overly keen on freestyling it, so although no fixed gear I will take an extra rope and use the opportunity to rig a hand rail

The Pylon King 21 Sep 2020
In reply to Snyggapa:

Easy scramble from top down to stakes then ab from there.

trouserburp 21 Sep 2020
In reply to Chris_Mellor:

To put it another way: don't walk along the dodgy 'path' on the steep slope from long rock to scrattling - go up to the tourist path instead, walk along that and then a more reasonable scramble straight down to the top of scrattling 

I've made this mistake twice!

OP Snyggapa 21 Sep 2020
In reply to trouserburp:

Most excellent information, thanks.

'Do not take the obvious route'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...