Re Wildcat access.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Baz P 18 Apr 2022

For some reason I can’t seem to reply to the Wildcat access post hence this post.

I was wondering why the BMC did not apply for a DMMO  for the path below Wildcat to be made into a public footpath. It can easily be shown to have been in regular use for a lot more than the required 20 years and by a lot more than the required 10 people. 

Sam Beaton 19 Apr 2022
In reply to Baz P:

From a climbing perspective I think that would be a bad idea. A DMMO application would probably annoy the landowner, and perhaps make them less willing to work with the climbing community. Even if a public footpath was proved to exist via the DMMO process that still wouldn't give a right to deviate from the path to go rock climbing. 

Graeme Hammond 19 Apr 2022
In reply to Baz P:

The other thread doesn't seem to have been archived: https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/crag_access/new_access_agreement_for_wild...

Perhaps you are having a similar issue to one I sometimes get if I view a thread when logged out. Then when I subsequently login I need to force my browser to reload the page or it won't let me reply.

Not the case yet but I do find it annoying how these short but useful threads get archived so you can't post an update etc without starting a new thread. In almost all cases I then can't be bothered, I wonder if others feel similarly?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...