Potential access issues at Connies Dale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 j3z 20 May 2018

Potential access problems at Connies Dale. We visited today, on the walk in we were met by a farmer who stomped across the field towards us, was rather rude and told us that we were trespassing, we tried to reason with him and explain that we thought we were on CROW land ( there is also a sign saying public footpath in the first field). The farmer used some colourful language and told us to leave (his specifically told us to go back to our houses, which I thought was an odd insult).

Post edited at 21:39
 Alex@home 20 May 2018
In reply to j3z:

Is that the one near Peak Forest?

CBA 20 May 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

That's the one. Public footpath access,and on CROW land. The farmer was offensive and unreasonable. The BMC have been informed,but in the meantime tread lightly,or avoid the place entirely until further notice. We don't want another Whitehouses situation. 

OP j3z 21 May 2018
In reply to Alex@home:

Conies Dale

Yeah it is, like CBA said its on a footpath and is on CROW land, a post has been put on UKB as well looks like a few people have had similar problems with the farmer.

Wsdconst 21 May 2018
In reply to j3z:

Was it the weird guy who's obsessed with claiming people have climbed on his wall ? 

OP j3z 23 May 2018
In reply to Wsdconst:

I'm not sure, most likely as he accused us of spooking live stock (which was weird as I they were following us which is an odd thing to do if they were spooked) he then accused us of not using styles ( we had literally just come over a style when he walked up to us) he then finally accused us of not having a dog on a leash ( our mate had a dog on a very obvious bright red short leash). He was pretty unreasonable and pretty much everything he accused us of was a lie.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...