Peak - Hidden Quarry Bird Ban

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Went to Hidden Quarry today and there is a bird ban due to nesting birds till 30th June. The warning on the path sign has de-laminated and fallen off. Just a heads up if you don’t know about this.

dominic o 11 Apr 2022
In reply to Christheclimber:

We made the same mistake, having already been to Moss Rake and found an identical sign (so worth being aware of that one too folks!) Ended up at Garage Buttress - 3 crag day! 

In reply to dominic o:

Shame we didn’t meet up yesterday Dom. I was going to say great minds think alike but....... 😂

Hope Garage Buttress lived up to its billing after your epic Spanish road trip? 

neilh 12 Apr 2022

Chris. There is no ban on sit -down buttress, which is worth a visit.Neil

Kim 12 Apr 2022

Thanks for the heads up Chris, I'll get that sorted out before the weekend.

Kim (BMC Peak access rep)

Kim 12 Apr 2022
In reply to dominic o:

> We made the same mistake, having already been to Moss Rake and found an identical sign (so worth being aware of that one too folks!) Ended up at Garage Buttress - 3 crag day! 

Thanks for following the signs! Always worth checking online https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/rad especially for limestone quarries this time of year.

In reply to neilh:

Hi Neil,

Long time no see, hope you are well.

I know Sit Down Buttress well thanks (probably too well) and have done all the routes numerous times and will doubt be doing them again soon! 

Chris

TobyA 12 Apr 2022
In reply to Kim:

Hi Kim - this isn't meant as a moan at all, but I note that in the RAD Darlton Quarry is marked as orange, but there is no mention of birds nesting, but there is the mention of planning permission given for 2021 for filming. I guess that, now, out of date info is the reason why it is marked as orange?

I'll see if I can add a comment to the page itself.

edit - I twice tried to comment on the RAD page directly but at least on my browser its not working, I can write out my comment but when I click "submit" nothing happens. Doesn't matter if I log in or post anonymously - "submit" button seems not to be working. Annoying!

Post edited at 13:59
 neilh 12 Apr 2022

Chris, all good

Neil

Kim 12 Apr 2022
In reply to TobyA:

> Hi Kim - this isn't meant as a moan at all, but I note that in the RAD Darlton Quarry is marked as orange, but there is no mention of birds nesting, but there is the mention of planning permission given for 2021 for filming. I guess that, now, out of date info is the reason why it is marked as orange?

No problem Toby! I've removed the reference to the filming. There are Ravens back in the quarry now the film crew are gone, but they're nesting away from the climbing areas.

Can't help with BMC website technical glitches I'm afraid though!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...