Parking for Crummackdale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tetley 24 Jun 2020

Crummackdale
Just for info: climbed there yesterday and parked at guidebook recommended spot opposite Wood End Farm. Notes left on windscreens  saying “no parking, this is a passing place”. 

If anyone does park there, I must have dropped my Evolv Rock boot in the verge (long grass!) as I’ve now only got one! If found, please leave on wall... I’ll be back next week!

Cheers

UKC Forums 24 Jun 2020
This thread was started in the ROCKTALK forum and has now been moved.
Please could you try and post in the correct forum, it makes life easier for both users and moderators.

Local Areas
This forum is for discussion of issues relating to local areas. It can be for discussing ongoing access situations, for flagging up crag restoration and clean-up initiatives, and discussion relating to BMC Area Meetings. Please report any new access problems direct to the BMC.

More Forum descriptions - http://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/info/forums.html
 Will Hunt 24 Jun 2020
In reply to tetley:

Thanks for the info. It is a narrow bit of road but if only one or two cars are parked there then there should still be room for cars to pass. Unfortunately there isn't really anywhere else that makes a suitable place to approach from for this crag. Under normal circumstances it's best to meet in Austwick and share one car to the parking spot. I'll make a note in the new guide that this is the best practice.

OP tetley 24 Jun 2020
In reply to UKC Forums:

Sorry, didn’t even realise there was a Local Area Access forum🙄

Steve Wetton 24 Jun 2020
In reply to tetley:

There's a proper lay by for 2- 3 cars several hundred yards further up the road, going away from Austwick, on the right. We haven't spotted it before as we followed the notes in the  guide, but it's well off the road and no obvious reason why not to use it. The re-surfacing of the road makes the specified place look much less obvious, and more like a passing place!

yorkshire_lad2 25 Jun 2020
In reply to tetley:

These signs were posted in Austwick (seen quite recently, at least last week or so, don't know if they're still there today).  https://tinyurl.com/y6wrs92o

I've seen several signs (that look relatively formalised looking, not just a scribbled note) in laybys in the Settle area recently saying "This is a passing place, please don't park here" etc.

Bulls Crack 25 Jun 2020
In reply to yorkshire_lad2:

Yes I saw them  - Covid nimbyness?  But they've gone  now I think probably to be replaced by 'please visit our pub for business reasons'. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...