No Overnight Parking Signs Erected at Bus Stop Quarry, Dinorwic.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Iwan 23 Apr 2021

Gwynedd Council have erected no overnight parking signs at Bus Stop Quarry, Dinorwic.

GrahamD 23 Apr 2021
In reply to Iwan:

And ?

Clauso 24 Apr 2021
In reply to Iwan:

Does it only apply to buses? 

Dan Arkle 24 Apr 2021
In reply to GrahamD:

> And ?

I thought this was a good question.

Has any change in the law actually prohibited overnight stays? Probably not. 

Anyway, hopefully it has an effect on reducing numbers at this overused spot.

CantClimbTom 24 Apr 2021
In reply to Iwan:

I'm not surprised, I've seen inconsiderate parking there making it difficult... close to impossible for busses and vans etc to turn there. Parking restrictions were inevitable, and with that comes other rules like no overnight parking etc

Probably another example of a few inconsiderate people spoiling it for the rest

Derry 24 Apr 2021
In reply to Dan Arkle:

> I thought this was a good question.

>  Has any change in the law actually prohibited overnight stays? Probably not. 

> Anyway, hopefully it has an effect on reducing numbers at this overused spot.

It is a good question. Depends on the sign really. If it is just a simple 'no parking' sign painted onto a bit of plywood or similar then it doesn't make a bit of difference. But if it's council led (which is seems so) and states that vehicles will be towed or fined then it is actually enforceable. 

Where I work we've had 'no parking signs' up for ages, with people flagrantly ignoring them. Last year was ridiculous (scenes of cars opening farmers gates to park in fields), so the council has finally done something about it and put 'tow away zone - no parking on the verge' signs with some legal mumbo-jumbo in small print (for a 2 mile stretch) and hey-presto, not a single offender since.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...