New Access to SmallDale

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Chris Wright 26 Jun 2020

New Acsess to SmallDale today and got talking to someone who has a Unit in the yard across which use to be the Access. As mentioned on UKC there is now a new access which I am outlining as follows, parking is still allowed in the original area but when you leave this please head back to the road, turn left here and walk downhill for about 100 yards until you reach another access road into the Yard, DO NOT go up this but go over the where the new dry stone wall meets the original next to the road(there may/may not be a small cairn to mark the spot, follow the vague footpath through the wood until you reach the first wall, when you leave do the reverse, please see photos which may help, please follow these instructions as the occupiers and owner are getting a bit upset!, 

duchessofmalfi 26 Jun 2020
In reply to Chris Wright:

Yep this has come up several times before - could someone make a small map and pin it to the fence by the old cut through to the lorry park next time they go up?

The new route is way nicer than the old one - just don't get lost on the way back (if you encounter a decent barbed wire fence alongside a ditch just follow it to the road - don't attempt to cross it the ditch is a man-eater)

The change in access was reported to the BMC RAD <ages> ago but the old description remains - if anyone knows how to get this changed it might be a good idea.

The lorry park guy is nice but must be getting mighty exasperated by this by now - the only place the old instructions remain is the RAD (and old books).

Mowglee 26 Jun 2020
In reply to duchessofmalfi:

Here is a high quality map for anyone who might have access to a printer and laminter - agree a sign pinned to the fence would probably save winding up the yard owner any more.

https://i.imgur.com/JwL1EvO.png

In reply to Chris Wright:

This is what we have for the app which will be updated in the next week or so.

John Gresty 26 Jun 2020
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Nothing new about this. I have only been to Smalldale once and that was years ago, but I fairly certain we used the access route through the trees then, certainly did not go through the yard. Cannot remember if it was the recommended route in whatever guide we were using at the time, but there was a faint track through the trees and it seemed a more sensible approach than going through an industrial unit.

John

duchessofmalfi 29 Jun 2020
In reply to John Gresty:

There was a map a couple of days ago but it looks like it will disintegrate in the wet - next time someone goes a new one might be a good idea.

Becky E 05 Jul 2020

> The change in access was reported to the BMC RAD ago but the old description remains - if anyone knows how to get this changed it might be a good idea.

Have you tried the "report a page issue" button?  https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/View.aspx?id=4701

duchessofmalfi 07 Jul 2020
In reply to Becky E:

Is that on the RAD app?

Becky E 08 Jul 2020

> Is that on the RAD app?

I have no idea, but the option is there on the web page.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...