Nesting bird - Wimberry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mrphilipoldham 29 May 2020

Afternoon all, 

Just a heads up but we stumbled across a kestrel nest behind The Trident (E1 5b) block today so please avoid that route for a while. Other than that, if you're planning on heading up over weekend.. enjoy, it's all currently bone dry. 

Lankyman 29 May 2020
In reply to mrphilipoldham:

And if anyone finds the back of my right hand can I have it back please? Think it was left somewhere around Freddie's Finale ...

Graeme Hammond 29 May 2020

The carparks around the chew valley are really busy at the moment so anyone heading for the chew valley this weekend you'll need to arrive early if you want a space.

In reply to Graeme Hammond:

Indeed, arrived at 9.30 today and managed to get a spot no problem (maybe 50% full) but on leaving around 5 the barriers were closed to new arrivals one in, one out. I'd imagine tomorrow/Sunday will be chaos.

Tom Valentine 29 May 2020

I reckon parking at Tesco would add  half an hour to the walk in . Ten  mins to the Clarence an  a bit longer again to the res via the Forty Row. 

Probably a big ask for some climbers.

In reply to Tom Valentine:

Managed to be at the base of the crag within 30 minutes today, was pleased as punch. An hour would still be reasonable  

Tom Valentine 29 May 2020

When i was a lad ( cue Dvorjak)  I used to walk an hour down to the Clarence for a Sunday morning ten o'clock meet. Then we'd decide which crag to go for.

squarecow 31 May 2020

Same, I used to get the bus (180) and meet mates. If on my own I'd run up to WR solo, run down and boulder before running back to the bus stop. Or, if I timed it wrong I carried on to Uppermill to catch the (184).

RM199 31 May 2020

Just to say a few teams out at wimberry yesterday. Lots on the usual classics s-vs etc, but Green but sure e1 5a also got a decent clean.

enjoy

In reply to RM199:

Nice one

Red Rover 31 May 2020

I once walked to Wimberry from Holmfirth, and just as I got the ropes out it started pissing it down!

Removed User 31 May 2020

> Afternoon all, 

> Just a heads up but we stumbled across a kestrel nest behind The Trident (E1 5b) block today so please avoid that route for a while. Other than that, if you're planning on heading up over weekend.. enjoy, it's all currently bone dry. 

>

I bet that added a bit of spice if you had just thrutched up to the Trident. I remember a peregrine flying out of a hole about a foot above my head on Dovestones Tor once, it was so quick I didn't register it at first. Also once observed hundreds of black and white seabirds pouring out of a hole about 20ft to my left in Pembroke, you wouldn't have wanted them in your face. Wimberry is a thrutchers paradise and with some jamming testpieces and horrorshows like Blue Lights, you've got to be prepared to lose some skin (possibly some flesh) -so enjoy.

Tom Valentine 31 May 2020
In reply to Red Rover:

Now that's what I call a walk in....

Red Rover 31 May 2020

I was training for Alpine stuff so needed to get some miles in!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...