Inconsiderate parking near Raven Tor (Millers Dale)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKB Shark 09 May 2016

Parking near Raven Tor was out of order on Saturday and sounds like it was even worse yesterday with lots of cars and vans parked on the verges. Maybe a couple were anglers but the majority will have been climbers.

If the bays at the left or right end of the crag are full then best to park at the car park further down the road at the the start of Tideswell Dale. It is only a 5 or 10 minute pleasant walk back to the crag. You could also deposit your gear, pads, passengers etc at the crag on the way past.

The Peak Limestone guide says that inconsiderate parking has threatened access in the past.
Post edited at 11:35
baron 09 May 2016
In reply to shark:
It's a well known fact that no access has ever, in the whole history of climbing, ever, ever been lost due to inconsiderate parking or behaviour. Go on, name me one crag/boulder, I dare you! (Sarcasm mode off).

Pmc
OP UKB Shark 09 May 2016
In reply to baron:

Craig Y Forwen, Eagle Tor
 brianjcooper 09 May 2016
In reply to baron:
I don't usually respond to crass comments , but in your case I will make an exception.

Over the years I've watched climbers' bad manners slowly eradicate the good will of land owners' to allow us access to climbing areas. Heard of Brassington? want to know of a few more?
Post edited at 13:18
 Static 09 May 2016
In reply to baron:

Foredale quarry
 Simon Caldwell 09 May 2016
In reply to baron:

Nice try I though but let down by what I thought was a too-obvious indication that you were being sarcastic.

Apparently not obvious enough though...
baron 09 May 2016
In reply to Simon Caldwell:
Sorry about that.
I didn't want the thread to be ignored as it's too important an issue, as shown by the fact that it didn't take long for several people to come up with names where access has been affected or lost. Hopefully those responsible for poor parking will realise that such actions can have damaging and lasting consequences and most importantly do whatever it takes to prevent the problems in the first place!

Pmc
 brianjcooper 09 May 2016
In reply to baron:
I think I owe you an apology Baron. Just a bit sensitive towards inconsiderate climbers who seem to be on
the increase these days.
Post edited at 16:00
OP UKB Shark 09 May 2016
In reply to shark:

> Craig Y Forwen, Eagle Tor

I see someone took exception to my misspelling

baron 09 May 2016
In reply to brianjcooper:
No apology needed - it's my fault for attempting to be sarcastic on the internet.
I should know by now that it often goes wrong!

Pmc
 Wft 09 May 2016
In reply to shark:

It really is a lovely walk up the road by the river from the carpark too

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...