How many cars at Witches quarry

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
J1234 25 Jul 2020

Signs at quarry say 10, RAD says 6.

Steve Clegg 25 Jul 2020
In reply to J1234:

X Steve

Steve

Rick Graham 25 Jul 2020
In reply to Steve Clegg:

> X Steve

> Steve

Excellent , Steve . Up to your usual standard of piss taking to which we have come accustomed, appreciate and enjoy.

Even the correct answer , but maybe you should have included a comma? and a full stop

J1234 25 Jul 2020
In reply to Rick Graham:

Tbh it reminded me of the famous quote in the bracken close log book, something like GGM MGG or something like that 

Stil no idea what the correct number of cars is, possibly BMC f*ckwittery.

spenser 25 Jul 2020
In reply to J1234:

You would be best off emailing the relevant access rep with the query rather than accusing them of "BMC F*ckwittery". I am not familiar with the crag but it it is entirely possible the landowner has changed the sign and not contacted the BMC. 

Martin Bennett 25 Jul 2020
In reply to J1234:

>

> Stil no idea what the correct number of cars is, possibly BMC f*ckwittery.

Look more closely at Steve Clegg's clever reply. The answer's there.

Post edited at 12:05
J1234 25 Jul 2020
In reply to spenser:

Dearest Spenser, it's the official BMC sign and the official BMC RAD, at a crag where climbing has been banned in the past.

Landowner oy I told the BMC only six cars.

Climber it says on the official sign 10.

Row ensues, climbing banned.

So if you want to email the BMC you crack on, but do not shoot the messenger.

Ps, I read both signs twice, just to make sure as I was a bit surprised TBH at the inconsistency.

Post edited at 12:15
J1234 25 Jul 2020
In reply to Martin Bennett:

So do I believe the RAD, the BMC sign or some cryptic message on UKC.

X =10, I got that first go.

Great crag, been before, but fitted my bill at the moment.

Rick Graham 25 Jul 2020
In reply to Steve Clegg:

Is that Steve Clitherobogdum Clegg?

spenser 26 Jul 2020
In reply to J1234:

Fair enough if it is an official BMC sign, as I mentioned I am not familiar with the crag so won't get involved. 

Lankyman 26 Jul 2020
In reply to J1234:

> Signs at quarry say 10, RAD says 6.

'Tis verily the work of Satan and all his imps. Didst thou observe any wizened hags in yon afflicted location?

J1234 26 Jul 2020
In reply to spenser:

Cheers. It is a serious posting and I find UKC quicker than contacting BMC. Having said that whenever I have contacted the BMC office I have been treated well and been able to speak to who I wanted when I wanted, but it was Saturday.

Though Steve Cleggs post is humorous, if you do not get out much, its actually very unhelpful. For me the RAD is the Gold Standard for information and I will ignore BMC signs at the crag in favour of RAD information. eg if there is a BMC Bird Ban sign at the crag, but the RAD says go ahead, I do because that sign could have been there for years.

So, Signs at quarry say 10, RAD says 6. (unless RAD been updated now)

Paul Evans 26 Jul 2020
In reply to J1234:

Hi Steve, thanks for spotting and querying this inconsistency. I'll check into this and get back. 

Paul E, BMC NW area secretary. 

J1234 26 Jul 2020
In reply to Paul Evans:

Thanks.hsppy to help.

Darron 26 Jul 2020
In reply to J1234:

I thought he was sending you a kiss😀

Paul Evans 27 Jul 2020
In reply to Steve:

Hi Steve, just heard back from Les our Lancs access rep. The initial arrangement did specify 6 cars and that is what RAD says. However Les believes that the limit was then increased to 10 as per the notice, so it is the RAD that needs updating. I'm on a call with Rob Dyer today so I'll confirm this, and get RAD updated. 

Cheers

Paul E.  

Carefully removed the X off the end of the autoformatted "In reply to" name this time,  to avoid any possible misinterpretation.... 

J1234 27 Jul 2020
In reply to Paul Evans:

Nice one, thanks Paul.

Steve XX

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...