Harrison’s car park opening hours

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rob892 26 Mar 2019

Harrison's Rocks

has anyone got anymore information regarding the new car park opening hours at Harrison’s? Didn’t appreciate getting locked in this evening, and there’s no fixed times displayed. 

Makes it even harder to get a climb in after work. 

Dell 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Rob892:

A good idea. Last time I camped there were a couple of car loads of yoofs who kept coming and going throughout the night, slamming doors, revving engines, playing shitty music etc. It's tolerable for a while but they didn't bugger off til about 5am. 

OP Rob892 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Dell:

Maybe the code for the padlock could be issued, this works in some other climbing areas?

Surely it’s a bit dangerous to lock camping climbers in too? 

In reply to Rob892:

Hi,

To my knowledge there should have been someone in the car park to let you out? Were you delayed long?

Neil Williams 26 Mar 2019
In reply to Rob892:

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/rad/view.aspx?id=119

says:

"The gate to the car park may be locked between dusk and dawn - please bear this in mind, especially if leaving the crag late in the day."

OP Rob892 27 Mar 2019
In reply to Sandstone Stickman:

Only around 10minutes, but long enough to think I was going to have to leave my car over night and get picked up. I thought I was lucky that someone was around who new the code, is he an official gate man? Got the impression that it wasnt his job to let people out

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...