Goats crag Watendlath

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Johnhi 12 Apr 2021

The local farmer seems to have got their panties in a twist and slapped private no access signs of a bunch of fields, including those used to access the the fellside. 

mike123 12 Apr 2021
In reply to Johnhi: It would be well worth passing this on to the local BMC access rep , I’m not sure who it currently is , but it would be easy to find out . It’s a great little crag with several quality routes , it would be a shame to loose access to it , but I seem to remember there isn’t actually any access and it’s always been just goodwill . Again a real shame if that’s gone by the by . 
Edit : a quick google has given me a couple names and a mobile number. I’ll text them toomorow and point them at this thread .

Post edited at 21:42
 davepembs 12 Apr 2021
In reply to Johnhi:

If you just walk back up the road for 100 metres from where you park by the grit bin it’s open access and you can just walk through the woods, shouldn’t add too much to the walk. Farmers probably hacked off with idiots trashing his field!

Dave Ferguson 12 Apr 2021
In reply to davepembs:

yes there has been some fly camping in the area so that may be a contributory factor

davepembs 13 Apr 2021
In reply to Dave Ferguson:

10 abandoned tents from the shores of Buttermere collected last week and that’s before you were even allowed to stay away overnight! Not surprising farmers are getting more than a bit twitchy.

Lankyman 13 Apr 2021
In reply to davepembs:

> 10 abandoned tents from the shores of Buttermere collected last week and that’s before you were even allowed to stay away overnight! Not surprising farmers are getting more than a bit twitchy.

God help the Lakes this summer

mike123 13 Apr 2021
In reply to Lankyman:

> God help the Lakes this summer

It’s not god we need ....

youtube.com/watch?v=d8BboCANmN8&

Andy Hardy 13 Apr 2021
In reply to mike123:

> It’s not god we need ....

I was hoping for a clip of Kenny Everett as Col. Bombthebastards

Lankyman 14 Apr 2021
In reply to mike123:

Interesting .... a month in an iso-cube for littering? Sounds too soft to me.

In reply to mike123:

Banish the perps to the cursed earth (Maryport). 

mike123 16 Apr 2021
In reply to mike123: access rep is aware of this .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...