Crag closures around Benidorm, Calpe.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Paul Horan 19 Oct 2021

I have that some crags in the Costa Blanca have been closed, such as Alkalali.

Lesdavmor 19 Oct 2021
In reply to Paul Horan:

Both Alcalali and Murla have been banned since April due to an "archeological survey" by the University of Alicante

In addition, I believe Sierra Helada and Aixorta are also banned, for other reasons

OP Paul Horan 19 Oct 2021
In reply to Lesdavmor:

Ta muchly. What a loss.

Fruit 20 Oct 2021
In reply to Lesdavmor:

Do you have any idea how long they will be closed for? I rather like Murla (the easy end)

Lesdavmor 20 Oct 2021
In reply to Fruit:

No, the Valencia Federation has nothing on their website and seems as if it does not wish to influence the situation. One of my contacts, a local climber and equipper seems to think the local ayuntamientos (town halls) of Alcalali, Murla and Parcent do not seem to realise  the potential effects on their economies.In the meantime, the other easier local crags are having a lot more traffic than usual, causing potential problems.

Fruit 21 Oct 2021
In reply to Lesdavmor:

Thanks for that, Christmas could be interesting!

spannaclimbs 23 Oct 2021
In reply to Paul Horan:

Yeah... we got there then found the sign. Note to self check crag on ukc before driving. We also had issues accessing echo valley as the road was closed with barriers although that might have been short term (we tried it on 30th sept). We had no issues at salem, gandia, toix, sella, pena roja or l'ocaive end of sept/ beginning of oct if it helps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...