Bus Stop update

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 14 Dec 2020

I've just had this drop into my inbox:

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the proposed parking restrictions at Allt Ddu, Dinorwig.

The purpose of this consultation (copy of plan attached) was to invite members of the public to offer their comments, which assisted us in forming a decision on whether to proceed with the proposal or not or to consider any amendment.

We have received an overwhelming number of objections to the proposal and therefore a decision has been taken not to proceed at the present time in its current form. However, we will be working alongside other departments and be monitoring the situation and perhaps consider alternative options to deter inconsiderate parking practices if the problem persists.

Thank you once again for your time on this matter

In reply to Tigger:

Great news. Well done to everyone who wrote to them. 

Luke90 14 Dec 2020
In reply to Tigger:

> However, we will be working alongside other departments and be monitoring the situation and perhaps consider alternative options to deter inconsiderate parking practices if the problem persists.

Sounds like we need to try to be squeaky clean about our parking to keep it available.

In reply to Luke90:

A like isn't enough. Needs a repeat and small edit:

we need to be squeaky clean about our parking to keep it available.

Post edited at 16:57
 fred99 14 Dec 2020
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

> A like isn't enough. Needs a repeat and small edit:

> we need to be squeaky clean about our parking to keep it available.

Quite. More importantly the point regarding considerate parking needs to be advertised and driven home (pardon the pun) far more.

In recent times inconsiderate parking has become a far far greater problem than in the past, and, judging by posts on this forum, is a greater problem at sport climbing venues than "trad" ones.

Maybe an (increased ?) effort on the part of indoor walls might have some effect, as surely that must be where most sport-only climbers actually begin in the sport.

Neil Williams 14 Dec 2020
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

> A like isn't enough. Needs a repeat and small edit:

> we need to be squeaky clean about our parking to keep it available.

Yes.

And in particular not park vans there for considerable periods, because it's that that will annoy locals.  Just use it to park your car or van while you are using the crag or taking a walk there.

Tyler 14 Dec 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Glad we’ve had this thread to confirm that, as ever, the villains of the piece in all this are sport climbers and people in vans. 

Post edited at 18:51
 Tom Valentine 14 Dec 2020
In reply to Tyler:

I'd haul 'em all up before a Justice of the Piece.

Tyler 14 Dec 2020
In reply to Tom Valentine:

I’ve no idea what you’re talking about! Ah well, I’ve learned something at least. 

Neil Williams 15 Dec 2020
In reply to Tyler:

> Glad we’ve had this thread to confirm that, as ever, the villains of the piece in all this are sport climbers and people in vans.

I have no idea if sport climbers are more or less likely to park inconsiderately than trad climbers or boulderers.  I think inconsiderate people park inconsiderately, whatever their preferred discipline of climbing is.

What I do see, though, as per the van thread, is that I don't want vans parked in my residential street for overnight occupation, and nor should the people who live around there have to accept it (with the almost inevitable crapping in the bushes etc).  Park there for the day to climb if a space is available, but to sleep go find somewhere more suitable, ideally a basic "bog and tap, fiver a night" campsite, which Wales is basically full of.

Post edited at 00:16
 Alkis 15 Dec 2020
In reply to Neil Williams:

> And in particular not park vans there for considerable periods, because it's that that will annoy locals.

Is that a guess or a statement of fact? Because in the thread about it I seem to remember one of the locals stating that it a particular person that seems to have a problem with anyone being there at all, including his own neighbours.

I do agree however, I tend to go to the Nant Peris campsite to spend the night.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...