Bolted routes at Ebbor Gorge?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 deepstar 21 Mar 2017
Ebbor Gorge,Somerset Does anyone have any information on the recently bolted routes at Ebbor Gorge?
 beardy mike 21 Mar 2017
In reply to deepstar:

I heard that there has been an approach made to the NT and they have permitted the approacher to conduct some limited development, but only that developer. Will find out some more if you like?
OP deepstar 21 Mar 2017
In reply to beardy mike:

Thanks Mike, that would be great.
 _m.cox_ 22 Mar 2017
In reply to beardy mike:

Hi,

That is correct, I've been in negotiation with the owners (Natural England) with support from The BMC Local Rep for the last few years and recently given permission to develop the crag with an agreed small team.

This project is at a very early stage, at the moment all thats been permitted is to clean and bolt two specific walls. There is still work to complete even on the routes that have been bolted.

I have another meeting this week to discuss the specifics of access for climbers. It is very likely that bird bans will apply, BMC Insurance needed to visit much like parts of cheddar, possible holiday restrictions etc.

Please respect that without any of this in place and work complete, climbing here could potentially upset the relationship I have built up with Natural England over the past 5 years. We have currently been given a years trial period which will be reviewed in March 2018.

Birds nesting has currently put the work on hold as access from above would disturb them. We are hoping to return in the autumn when the bird ban comes out of effect.

Further information will be revealed in due time.
 leland stamper 30 Mar 2017
In reply to _m.cox_:

When did the bird ban start? Is it due to the buzzard ?
 _m.cox_ 31 Mar 2017
In reply to leland stamper:

It came into effect a couple of weeks ago, no specific species as far as I know.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...