Women's road bike or frame...best one?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Lynsety 05 Sep 2019

Looking at getting a new road bike/frame...any recommendations?

Not bothered if carbon or Alu.

Spend 2k max but happy to spend less! Anything in the sales worth looking at?

Be used in dry weather, would like disc brakes and for anything up to 150 miles.

Thanks in advance.

Lynsey.

lewmul 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Lynsety:

not womens specific, and rim brakes, and only in 52...  But something in the sales worth looking at:

https://www.moriartybikes.com/product-page/criterium-pro

nniff 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Lynsety:

How about a Bowman Pilgrims,  frame only for £800 (disc) or Palace R (rim) for £750.  

Or a Thompson Maestro - a bit over budget at £2200 or so with 105 , but choose your own colours.

GrahamD 05 Sep 2019
In reply to Lynsety:

MrsD absolutely loves her Liv Avail advanced which she got in a sale this time last year for that sort of money.

cathsullivan 06 Sep 2019
In reply to Lynsety:

I think you could get a ribble sportiva disc version for that budget with ultegra. I got the rim brake version for less than a grand and I really like it.

Dave B 06 Sep 2019
In reply to Lynsety:

My training partner loves her liv lagma. The only downside is that its not full hydraulic discs, but a cable/hydraulic converter on the handlebars, so it uses the standard brifters (ugly terms for  brake/shifter levers). Their other bikes are also good. The wheels are the weakest part (low spec unless carbon, but carbon v good) , though they don't spec an absolutely complete groupset often, e. G. 105 cassette on ultegra bike. Often come tubeless which may be a pro or a con for you. Personally I'm not a convert. 

I've got a canyon and although I'm a boy the women's bikes seem to also be well regarded. You won't have the local backup of a dealer though. 

Can I just ask why discs on a dry weather bike. If for backup compatibility with another disc bike I understand that, but for a dry weather bike, there but a major advantage. My commute bike is disc, race bike not. Saves about 500g currently not having them. 

Siward 06 Sep 2019
In reply to Lynsety:

My 2p worth is that at end of season sales time, about now, you sometimes see stonking bargains in particular on women's specific bikes. I don't know why- demand I suppose- but less than half price. The downside is that you have to bide your time and supply is hit and miss. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...