Where bikes go to die!!!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gethin_allen 11 May 2018
In reply to lee birtwistle:

It does make you wonder about the maths behind these businesses when they can afford to effectively lose so many bikes. How much do these bikes cost to produce etc.

The report I saw yesterday suggested that many of them are not even dead bikes, they are perfectly serviceable, even brand new in cases, just surplus to requirements.

DaveHK 11 May 2018

I have it on the highest authority that there are 9 million of them in Beijing alone.

Max factor 11 May 2018

Basically, a great example of why unfettered capitalism will f**k the planet. 

In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Sad to think of such waste 

it's never seen in Cuba 

tjin 11 May 2018

The thing is that you cannot just throw share bikes on the street. I would argue that these schemes/companies should at least pay for/place parking facilities that they occupy.  

thepodge 11 May 2018

Bar a few issues to start with, it's all working perfectly well in Sheffield. 

gethin_allen 11 May 2018
In reply to thepodge:

> Bar a few issues to start with, it's all working perfectly well in Sheffield. 

Do all the bikes end up down at the bottom near the train station in the evening ? There's no way I'd like to ride a hire bike up conduit Road or even worse Blake Street 

Chris the Tall 11 May 2018
In reply to gethin_allen:

Despite the fact that they are ridiculously small for me, I still find them really useful for nipping around town. Quite agree that it wouldn’t be much for on Blake street, but you’ve now got me thinking that the steep cobbled climbs around Paradise Square might be an interesting challenge.

quite amazed that people bother to nick these bikes 

thepodge 12 May 2018

If Sheffield consisted of 2 streets and a train station then we'd have more problems than where hire bikes ended up. 

I've made it about a third of the way up Paradise, with the gearing and tyres it's impossible to carry any momentum up there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...