What did you think Armstrong was going to say?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ClimberEd 20 Jan 2013
What do people really expect Armstrong to say?

I've been slightly surprised - well, shall we say I was hoping for a pleasant surprise that I didn't get - at the response to Armstrong's interview and the calls for full disclosure in the media.

Do people really think he'd give a full, explicit and frank on the record interview about all the minutiae of what went on, including all 3rd parties involved, how and when, what monies changed hands etc etc.

If so they are living in cloud cuckoo land, if you were Armstrong would you do it. Nope.....

Personally I think it's a step in the right direction and better than him hiding under a stone. He's a very bad man, but there also people with very transparent personal vendettas against him.

KevinD 20 Jan 2013
In reply to ClimberEd:
> What do people really expect Armstrong to say?

i am surprised he actually said yes. I thought that would be dangerous from the reverse law suits etc but i guess the legal and PR advice came out in favour (maybe because they figured he was going to lose anyway).

> If so they are living in cloud cuckoo land, if you were Armstrong would you do it. Nope.....

it depends on what he wants. Some think he is angling at having the ban somewhat lifted so he can take part in triathlons etc. If he wants that then the authorities will want a lot more than him finally admitting to use (if they wanted evidence of that they could just read their own report).

> Personally I think it's a step in the right direction and better than him hiding under a stone. He's a very bad man, but there also people with very transparent personal vendettas against him.

by personal vendettas you mean those who got sued and/or forced out of professional cycling by him in the past.
Cant imagine why they might want to put the boot in.

OP ClimberEd 20 Jan 2013
In reply to dissonance:
> (In reply to ClimberEd)
> [...]
>
> i am surprised he actually said yes. I thought that would be dangerous from the reverse law suits etc but i guess the legal and PR advice came out in favour (maybe because they figured he was going to lose anyway).
>
>
> [...]
>
> it depends on what he wants. Some think he is angling at having the ban somewhat lifted so he can take part in triathlons etc. If he wants that then the authorities will want a lot more than him finally admitting to use (if they wanted evidence of that they could just read their own report).
>
> [...]
>
> by personal vendettas you mean those who got sued and/or forced out of professional cycling by him in the past.
> Cant imagine why they might want to put the boot in.

It just gets boring - I've heard it and read it all before and another Armstrong bashing article totally washes over me.
estivoautumnal 20 Jan 2013
In reply to ClimberEd:

>

He's a very bad man,

Jesus phucking H christ! He's a bad man? Come on, he may have done a bit of blood transfusion but on a scale of Mussolini to Genghis Khan he's not that bad.

He still put a shit load of effort into winning the TdF. A cheat yes, a very bad man, plainly...no.
 Timmd 20 Jan 2013
In reply to ClimberEd:
> (In reply to dissonance)
> [...]
>
> It just gets boring - I've heard it and read it all before and another Armstrong bashing article totally washes over me.

If more people learn about his misdeeds who havn't done, that's not a bad thing I think.

He's launched legal proceedings against people (or threatened to) who've tried to tell the truth about him.

Other cyclists may have doped, but as far as I know none have been so aggresive in challenging those who try to tell the truth.

He's been an unprincipled bully, it'll be 'fair' if he doesn't get to compete again and doesn't manage to restore his reputation, I think.
 elsewhere 20 Jan 2013
In reply to ClimberEd:
Unlike the many other drug cheats, Armstrong is the one who gave lots of people (eg masseuse, Sunday Times, Greg Lemond etc etc etc) very good reasons to have personal grudges against him.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...