Wahoo Kickr Turbo Trainer question

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 birdie num num 26 Dec 2020

Hi Folks, my partner has a new Wahoo Kickr Turbo Trainer, her trainer bike has a ten speed drive train but the turbo trainer comes fitted with an 11 speed cassette.

Can I transfer the ten speed cassette off the trainer bike onto the turbo trainer or do I need to buy a 10 speed cassette from Wahoo to install onto the trainer?

Thanks in advance

Reach>Talent 26 Dec 2020
In reply to birdie num num:

Not used the Wahoo but I am pretty sure you need a small spacer to adjust the chain line when going from 11 speed to 10 speed on my trainer. I assume the freehubs are similar?

Dark-Cloud 26 Dec 2020

As above, the turbo should have come with a spacer so you can use any 10 speed cassette, spacers are are 1.8mm, they go on first then put the cassette on.

Post edited at 09:08
In reply to Dark-Cloud:

Yes, the trainer comes equipped with a 1.8mm spacer, so presumably I can install the 10 speed cassette currently on the back wheel of her trainer bike without having to buy a separate one from Wahoo?

Dark-Cloud 26 Dec 2020

Yes, it’s just a standard Shimano cassette, there is nothing specific to Wahoo about the one that came with it.

GrahamD 26 Dec 2020

Word of caution, the old cassette might not be a single component but may be a load of separate cogs and spacers.  Remove with care ! Also be very careful not to cross thread the retaining nut when reassembling. 

Apologies if I've just taught granny to suck eggs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...