Songs you sing on your commute?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bobling 28 Jan 2020

I was stopped at the side of a cycleway last night and became aware of this weird caterwauling noise...a few seconds later a cyclist comes past, he was singing to himself, stopping as he came past me then starting up again.

It made me happy to realise I am not the only one who serenades the world out of high spirits when I am out and about on my bike.

To start you off here are a couple of hits from the winter for me.

"November Rain", this one has lingered through December and January!

"Tonight" from West Side Story with the lyrics adapted to "Tonight, tonight, I'll fix my brakes tonight..."

Any other favourites?

graeme jackson 29 Jan 2020
In reply to Bobling:

singing in the rain. quite often changed to singing in the car with a bunch of nonsense lyrics that make my wife really happy when I drop her off.

Or I'll just whistle Mozart's clarinet concerto which REALLY winds her up cos I can't whistle.  

colinakmc 29 Jan 2020
In reply to Bobling:

Loudoun Wainright’s “dead skunk in the middle of the road” ?

In reply to Bobling:

Queen "Bicycle Race"

You should see peoples faces .

;-D

TWS 

fred99 29 Jan 2020
In reply to Bobling:

"Wild Thing" - on a Royal Enfield 350 Bullet !!!

(I like the silliness of it).

Post edited at 13:17
OP Bobling 29 Jan 2020
In reply to Bobling:

Tonight was "Live and let die".  Seems to come frequently to me in heavy traffic for some reason?

Crazylegs 29 Jan 2020
In reply to Bobling:

This morning, my daughter (10) and I were singing Whip Crack Away on the cycle to school. She knows all the words due to an upcoming Young Voices schools concert... whereas I could only help with a certain 3 of the words. 

OP Bobling 29 Jan 2020
In reply to Crazylegs:

Hah, reminds me of a bike ride with my eldest when I serenaded him to "From now on" from the Greatest Showman for an unconscionable length of time...happy memories!

Andy Hardy 29 Jan 2020
In reply to Crazylegs:

"Whip Doris Day" would scan, if you felt like mixing it up a bit. 😉

Hooo 29 Jan 2020
In reply to Bobling:

I've been singing HMHB's "Every time a bell rings" while on my bike. Seems appropriate, especially when I had to avoid some overgrown hedges.

Post edited at 22:45
 felt 30 Jan 2020
In reply to Bobling:

I used to sort of hum "Foxy Lady" and "Dancing Queen" (in my head, not aloud, and the first one only the guitar riff) if I was getting exercised about cadence. The Hendrix is 90rpm, the Abba 100, or so I read when I was looking online for listed rpms. Living now in a much hillier area, I don't call on Jimi or the Swedes so much to sort it all out, which is a shame.

LastBoyScout 30 Jan 2020
In reply to Hooo:

Most times I turn Strava on, I start singing "Ivan Stravinsky Strava"!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...