Solo MTB trip next week, Yorkshire or mid Wales?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alex Pryor 06 Jun 2021

Weather looks better for Wales, but in my experience mid Wales can be remote, no phone signal, and a bit more serious if you crash, which I sometimes do when on your own.

Yorkshire is a bit closer, looks wetter, but there's lots to go at in Dales and NY Moors. 

I'll be using the Vertebrate guide(s). And hoping to camp off site on my van.

Any suggestions?

spenser 06 Jun 2021
In reply to Alex Pryor:

The Kirkby Mazleard ride in the Vertebrate guide is great, although it spends a good amount of time up high. The Barnoldswick to Horton section of the Pennine Bridleway is great (I didn't overly enjoy the bit from Horton to Garsdale Head due to heavy rain and a bout of hypothermia).

Lots of good riding about on the Moors too, however for a week I would always choose to follow the weather if I wasn't fixed to a specific area by a booking.

Huddy 06 Jun 2021
In reply to Alex Pryor:

Hiya

if you were heading to the dales it might be worth basing yourself in malham or kettlewell as you’ll be able to access most of the south dales routes from here and if the weather is better further north you can be in hawes in 40 mins from kettlewell. 

madwud 01 Jul 2021
In reply to Alex Pryor:

Well, well, well, old fella!

Popped on here to check my post about the Dolomites. I'm in Darley Dale now if you ever want to share a road ride locally.

Martin 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...