Rockshox reverb dropper post

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 magma 18 Oct 2022

i recently got one of these thinking that it should fit my bike (correct diameter, frame dropper post ready) but looking at the bb cable guide for the dropper (after it briefly comes out of the seat tube to go under the bb and into the downtube) the guide only accepts cable droppers by the looks of it (too thin for hydraulic cable) and no alternative triple full-cable bb guides seems to be available.

any fix or does anyone want it?

Alex8584 25 Oct 2022
In reply to magma:

I'd honestly just eBay it and by an acend dropper. They're bomb proof and a third of the price. All three of my reverbs ended up being a nightmare, especially in the winter, cable actuated post are more suited to UK conditions.

snoop6060 26 Oct 2022
In reply to Alex8584:

Could not agree more. My first one had about an inch of play in it. Rang them and said I need to send it in to be serviced. £80 I think it was. They didn’t service it just sent me a brand new one. That one started moving after 3 weeks and they weren’t interested this time. Pile of shite. 

OP magma 26 Oct 2022
In reply to snoop6060:

yeah, can't be doing with that- back to ebay it goes, unless anyone here wants it for £60 (30.9/125mm travel) with bleeding kit? i guess not after these bad reviews

snoop6060 26 Oct 2022
In reply to magma:

You’d get £60 for it surely. Aren’t they about £300? Mine came on my bike. 

OP magma 26 Oct 2022
In reply to snoop6060:

yes, expensive kit - i paid £65 thinking i was getting a bargain.

gethin_allen 26 Oct 2022
In reply to magma:

I had been looking at these but was put off by the number of ones that were "for spares and repairs" or "needs servicing".

I'm starting to see why.

OP magma 26 Oct 2022
In reply to gethin_allen:

no defects decribed about my one maybe the people who buy reverbs are ultra critical (who pays £400 for a dropper post?)

ChrisJD 27 Oct 2022
In reply to magma:

The Reverb used to be the only real game in town; but terribly unreliable and short lived; my garage is littered with bust old ones (probably 5 or 6 of them?).

Plenty of 'better' other brands now; personally I go for cable actuated ones now on my bikes; they will all bust though, but just not ask quickly as the (older) Reverbs.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...