Rapha Festive 500

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Yanis Nayu 29 Dec 2018

Anyone else doing it?

Mild weather’s made it easier than last year - I’m up to 419km, with 14,700 feet of climbing.  

SebCa 29 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Chapeau, not this year work and young children rule me out...but great effort for this time of year! 

OP Yanis Nayu 29 Dec 2018
In reply to SebCa:

Cheers. I have been off work, probably worth saying...

Dave B 30 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Thought about it, but was separated from my bike and now I'm back  I'm parenting while my wife works!

Getting an hour on the water instead today... 

abr1966 30 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Not me.....but have managed 235km since christmas eve, which, given the beer I've drank I'm pretty pleased with.

Spent the afternoon watching cyclo-cross down in Macclesfield today....very impressive and the top guys were amazingly quick.....now inspired again so aiming for a few more KM's tomorrow!

tim000 30 Dec 2018
In reply to abr1966:

i went to watch last year . good event . had hoped to do it this year but not got the fitness . will hit it big next year and do a few cross races . there one in northwich in about 4 weeks . but on hols so cant do that either . 

abr1966 30 Dec 2018
In reply to tim000:

It was really good! Great course, well set up by Macc Wheelers...

Winner was Toby Barnes....he was so fast it amazed me....Grant Ferguson was second. Really excellent to see a field of around 80 I reckon.....I really was impressed!

Was thinking about it for next year....3 hours later I've stopped thinking about it!! 

Post edited at 18:49
 Subseaclimber 30 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

I'm at 410 with a day to go, my cassette coming off on a bikepack trip didn't help.... 

nniff 31 Dec 2018
In reply to Subseaclimber:

Not me - I’m on 236 after helping someone else to do his 500 with a couple of days to spare

OP Yanis Nayu 31 Dec 2018
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

Did 53 miles today and ended up with 535km. 

How did everyone else go?

Henry Iddon 03 Jan 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

560km for me - 2 longer rides of 95miles on Christmas Eve and 80 miles on boxing day took a chunk off it.

Christmas Eve 95 miler was interesting when with 15 miles to go my left pedal axle snapped ... so had to pedal one legged to get back !

OP Yanis Nayu 03 Jan 2019
In reply to Henry Iddon:

Good effort! If I had to pedal home right-legged I’d be f*cked - my left does all the work!

Andy Hardy 03 Jan 2019
In reply to Yanis Nayu:

> Anyone else doing it?

> Mild weather’s made it easier than last year - I’m up to 419km, with 14,700 feet of climbing.  

What's 14700 feet in metres?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...