NX rear mech clutch issue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Hillseeker 22 Apr 2019

Has anyone else experienced this...

....on my Calibre Bossnut (great bike by the way) the chain had started to over shift into the spokes. I had asked the guys at go outdoors to check the limit screws so assumed this was ok. However, this morning getting bike ready to go for a ride and the chain overshifted and got properly jammed between the cassette and the spokes. Only after much pulling and persuasion could I free it. Then I noticed that the pulley cage of the rear mech was fixed in position (it should move to adjust for gear-chain tension) After loosening an Allen bolt on the clutch housing this seemed to free it up and all seemed to be well. I started out on my ride but about 20 mins in the clutch seems to have failed altogether. The pulley cage just hangs loosely now. I abandoned the ride.

I suppose my question is whether the rear mech is knackered or not? And what are my chances of getting redress from Go Outdoors... bike purchased in February.

Thanks in advance for any useful advice.

itsThere 22 Apr 2019
In reply to Hillseeker:

The b tension screw has to be in a specific position, you need to check in with a ruler the distance between teeth. I can't remember what it us. Sounds like this is a warranty replacement anyway.

Mine did the same (GX eagle), it's because the top two cogs on eagle have a narrow wide profile to stop the chain dropping if you backpedal. If it's not right it jumps and over shifts.

Post edited at 16:19

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...