Now that got a reaction

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 subtle 22 Jul 2016
Sitting in a campsite, our bikes resting against a nearby tree and enjoying our lunch - young lad and his father come along, kicking a football, Dad kicks the ball off the bikes to get it to rebound to his son who passes it back to Dad who repeats process, kicking ball off our bikes.

After a few rebounds I stand up and politely (yes, politely) ask him to refrain from kicking the ball off the bikes - his reaction, its only a ball and keeps at it, kicking ball off the bikes after receiving pass from his son.

I then stand up again, pick up our football, walk over to where his car is parked (next to their tent) and boot my ball against his car door panel.

Apparently I am an idiot. Apparently the scratch in his door panel was caused by my football (yeh right). I can see a pleasant afternoon ahead. Oh well, we were moving campsites tomorrow anyway.
 Trangia 22 Jul 2016
In reply to subtle:

Love it!
 digby 22 Jul 2016
In reply to subtle:

That's extraordinary!
 gethin_allen 22 Jul 2016
In reply to subtle:

I'd have gone for the Harry Enfield old gits approach and stuck a knife through the ball.
 deepsoup 22 Jul 2016
In reply to subtle:
Your username is well chosen.
 Trevers 03 Aug 2016
In reply to subtle:

If he complains, point out that your post about it got 46 likes and 0 dislikes on UKC
Rigid Raider 03 Aug 2016
In reply to subtle:

You must frequent thr wrong kind of campsite!
 Timmd 03 Aug 2016
In reply to subtle:
Obviously, you need to kick the ball against the car again to prove that it didn't cause the scratch.
Post edited at 15:24

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...